Red Bulls Fall in New England
The New York Red Bulls (1-4-2, 5 pts) fell to the New England Revolution, 1-0 on the road on Saturday night at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass.
The lone goal of the evening came in the 73rd minute, with New England substitute Cristian Penilla beating Luis Robles with a low shot.
Homegrown player Omir Fernandez returned to the gameday roster and appeared as a substitute after missing time due to injury.
The Red Bulls are 3-6-2 across all competitions in 2019, between MLS and the Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League.
New York is 42-37-21 all-time in the month of April. New York has scored 138 goals in April and allowed 122.
Results have historically been hard to come by for New York in New England. The club is now 6-23-7 all-time at the Revolution.
The Red Bulls return home next weekend to host expansion side FC Cincinnati for Autism Awareness Night on Saturday, April 27. Kickoff is set for 7 p..m. with coverage on MSG, MSG Go and New York Red Bulls Radio on TuneIn.
New England Revolution 1, New York Red Bulls 0
2019 MLS Regular-Season Match 7
Saturday - 7:30 p.m. ET
Gillette Stadium | Foxborough, Mass.
NE - Cristian Penilla 1 (Juan Fernando Caicedo, Carles Gil) 73'
NY - Bradley Wright-Phillips (caution, unsporting behavior) 51'
NE - Juan Agudelo (caution, unsporting behavior) 52'
New York Red Bulls: Luis Robles ©; Connor Lade, Aaron Long, Tim Parker, Michael Amir Murillo, Sean Davis, Cristian Cásseres, Jr. (Derrick Etienne Jr., 69'), Daniel Royer (Andreas Ivan, 79'), Vincent Bezecourt (Omir Fernandez, 63'), Marc Rzatkowski, Bradley Wright-Phillips
TOTAL SHOTS: 13; SHOTS ON GOAL: 5; FOULS: 16; OFFSIDE: 2; CORNER KICKS: 5; SAVES: 1
New England Revolution: Cody Cropper; Andrew Farrell, Jalil Anibaba, Edgar Castillo, Michael Mancienne, Scott Caldwell, Juan Agudelo (Wilfried Zahibo, 90+1'), Carles Gil, Luis Caicedo, Teal Bunbury (Juan Fernando Caicedo, 60'), Diego Fagundez (Cristian Penilla, 71')
TOTAL SHOTS: 9; SHOTS ON GOAL: 2; FOULS: 16; OFFSIDE: 1; CORNER KICKS: 4; SAVES: 5
Referee: Drew Fischer
Assistant Referees: Corey Rockwell, Matthew Nelson
4th Official: Ramy Touchan
VAR: Jose Carlos Rivera
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 20, 2019
- Revolution Top New York Red Bulls, 1-0 - New England Revolution
- Red Bulls Fall in New England - New York Red Bulls
- FC Dallas Defeats Atlanta United FC 2-1 - FC Dallas
- Atlanta United Falls 2-1 against FC Dallas - Atlanta United FC
- Lions Earn 1-0 Victory over Vancouver - Orlando City SC
- 'Caps fall 1-0 in Orlando after late Nani goal - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Union notch third clean sheet of the season in a 3-0 victory - Philadelphia Union
- Chicago Fire Dominates the Colorado Rapids in 4-1 Win - Chicago Fire
- Impact Suffers 3-0 Loss in Philadelphia - Club de Foot Montreal
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Los Angeles FC - April 21, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC Hosts Seattle Sounders FC on Sunday Afternoon - Los Angeles FC
- Storylines | City vs. Vancouver Whitecaps - Orlando City SC
- Houston Dynamo Loan GK Michael Nelson to RGV FC for Las Vegas Lights FC Clash - Houston Dynamo
- Dynamo Fall to LA Galaxy 2-1 on Late Goal - Houston Dynamo
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 2, Houston Dynamo 1 - Friday, April 19, 2019 - LA Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- New York Red Bulls Add Carlos Coronel on Loan from Red Bull Salzburg
- Statement from General Manager Marc De Grandpre
- New York Red Bulls Launch 1Beat Kit
- New York Red Bulls Sign Academy Product Bento Estrela
- New York Red Bulls Add Brazilian Forward Fabio Roberto Gomes Netto on Loan from Oeste FC