LAFC Foundation Receives $10,000 Donation through Allstate's "Save of the Match" Program
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC), the LAFC Foundation and Allstate today announced the final $10,000 donation made through Allstate's "Save of the Match" program. Earlier this year, Allstate pledged to make a $100 donation to the LAFC Foundation for every save recorded by an LAFC goalkeeper in 2019.
This season, goalkeepers Tyler Miller and Pablo Sisniega recorded a combined 89 saves (Miller 72, Sisniega 17). Representing Allstate during a halftime presentation on Sunday, October 6, agents Steve Kwon and Jaime Cuenca presented LAFC Foundation Executive Director Alina Beruff with a check for $10,000.
"We are beyond thankful to Allstate for this incredible donation," said Beruff. "Allstate's partnership and support will allow the LAFC Foundation to continue its mission to empower youth and local communities across Greater Los Angeles by providing access and opportunity to the world's game."
As a longtime sponsor of soccer programs, Allstate is committed to protecting the soccer community. Over the past decade, the company has refurbished community soccer fields across the country, donated soccer equipment to underprivileged players and partnered with legends of the sport to coach youth leagues, in addition to providing many experiences for soccer fans.
The Club introduced Allstate as an LAFC official insurance provider in August 2019. Allstate and LAFC are committed to making a lasting impact in the Los Angeles community.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 21, 2019
- Dynamo Announce Roster Moves Ahead of 2020 Season - Houston Dynamo
- Chicago Fire FC Exercises Contract Option on CJ Sapong and Raheem Edwards - Chicago Fire
- LAFC Announces Roster Moves Following Record-Breaking Season - Los Angeles FC
- MNUFC 2019 Season-End Roster Update - Minnesota United FC
- Orlando City SC Announces 2019 End-Of-Season Roster Decisions - Orlando City SC
- Real Salt Lake Announces 2020 Roster Decisions - Real Salt Lake
- Earthquakes Announce Roster Moves Ahead of 2020 MLS Season - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers, Thorns FC Recognized by Portland Business Journal with Commercial Real Estate Transformer Award - Portland Timbers
- Toronto FC Announces Off-Season Roster Moves - Toronto FC
- LAFC Foundation Receives $10,000 Donation through Allstate's "Save of the Match" Program - Los Angeles FC
- Timbers Announce Roster Status Ahead of 2020 Season - Portland Timbers
- Atlanta United Announce Year-End Roster Moves - Atlanta United FC
- Columbus Crew SC Announces Winter Wonderland Packs Now on Sale - Columbus Crew SC
- LA Galaxy Announce Roster Decisions Ahead of 2020 MLS Season - LA Galaxy
- Impact Exercises Options for 11 Players - Club de Foot Montreal
- New York Red Bulls Announce End of Year Roster Decisions - New York Red Bulls
- New England Revolution Announce Year-End Roster Moves - New England Revolution
- Chicago Fire Reveals New Primary Badge and Brand Identity Ahead of Move to Soldier Field in 2020 - Chicago Fire
- Claudio Reyna Departs New York City FC to Join Austin FC; Technical Director David Lee Promoted to Sporting Director - New York City FC
- Sporting KC Announces Roster Moves Ahead of 2020 Season - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Signs Korean International Kim Moon-Hwan
- LAFC Acquires U.S. International Forward Corey Baird from Real Salt Lake
- Bob Bradley to Receive Walt Chyzowych Fund's Lifetime Achievement Award
- LAFC Falls 2-1 to Tigres UANL in 2020 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Final
- LAFC Faces Tigres UANL Tomorrow in SCCL Finals