New England Revolution Announce Year-End Roster Moves
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Revolution have exercised the contract options on eight players for the 2020 season. With 12 additional players already under contract for 2020, including 10 who were on the club's 2019 roster, the Revolution currently have 20 players under contract for the 2020 MLS season.
The following eight players have had their 2020 contract options exercised: Isaac Angking, Teal Bunbury, Luis Caicedo, Antonio Delamea, Diego Fagundez, Andrew Farrell, Cristian Penilla, and Wilfried Zahibo.
The 10 players from the 2019 roster who are already under contract for 2020 include Gustavo Bou, Tajon Buchanan, Brandon Bye, Scott Caldwell, Nicolas Firmino, Carles Gil, DeJuan Jones, Brad Knighton, Justin Rennicks, and Matt Turner. In addition, two players signed during the 2019 offseason have guaranteed contracts for 2020: Alexander Büttner and Damian Rivera.
The Revolution did not exercise the contract options on five players: Juan Agudelo, Juan Fernando Caicedo, Edgar Castillo, Michael Mancienne, and Brian Wright. Cody Cropper and Zachary Herivaux will be officially out of contract on Dec. 31, 2019. Defender Jalil Anibaba was selected by Nashville SC in the 2019 MLS Expansion Draft on Tuesday, Nov. 19.
Select players who have not agreed to a new contract with their current club will be eligible for the 2019 MLS Re-Entry Draft, with Stage 1 slated for Nov. 26, followed by Stage 2 on Dec. 3. Players who are eligible for the Re-Entry Draft include players at least 23 years old with a minimum of three years MLS experience; players who are at least 25 years old with a minimum four years of MLS experience; and free agents who choose to participate. The league will release the complete list of eligible players on Nov. 22. Click here to view the complete MLS Re-Entry Draft rules, and the MLS offseason calendar is available here.
New England Revolution 2020 Roster Update
Players Under Contract for 2020 (*Denotes 2019 offseason signing)
Gustavo Bou (Designated Player, International)
Tajon Buchanan (Generation adidas)
Alexander Büttner* (International)
Scott Caldwell (Homegrown Player)
Nicolas Firmino (Homegrown Player)
Carles Gil (Designated Player, International)
Justin Rennicks (Homegrown Player)
Damian Rivera* (Homegrown Player)
2020 Player Options Exercised
Isaac Angking (Homegrown Player)
Luis Caicedo (International)
Diego Fagundez (Homegrown Player)
Cristian Penilla (International)
Wilfried Zahibo (International)
2020 Player Options Declined
Juan Fernando Caicedo (International)
Michael Mancienne (International)
Players out of Contract on Dec. 31, 2019
Zachary Herivaux (Homegrown Player)
TRANSACTION: New England Revolution exercise 2020 contract options on Isaac Angking, Teal Bunbury, Luis Caicedo, Antonio Delamea, Diego Fagundez, Andrew Farrell, Cristian Penilla, and Wilfried Zahibo on Nov. 21, 2019.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 21, 2019
- Dynamo Announce Roster Moves Ahead of 2020 Season - Houston Dynamo
- Chicago Fire FC Exercises Contract Option on CJ Sapong and Raheem Edwards - Chicago Fire
- LAFC Announces Roster Moves Following Record-Breaking Season - Los Angeles FC
- MNUFC 2019 Season-End Roster Update - Minnesota United FC
- Orlando City SC Announces 2019 End-Of-Season Roster Decisions - Orlando City SC
- Real Salt Lake Announces 2020 Roster Decisions - Real Salt Lake
- Earthquakes Announce Roster Moves Ahead of 2020 MLS Season - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers, Thorns FC Recognized by Portland Business Journal with Commercial Real Estate Transformer Award - Portland Timbers
- Toronto FC Announces Off-Season Roster Moves - Toronto FC
- LAFC Foundation Receives $10,000 Donation through Allstate's "Save of the Match" Program - Los Angeles FC
- Timbers Announce Roster Status Ahead of 2020 Season - Portland Timbers
- Atlanta United Announce Year-End Roster Moves - Atlanta United FC
- Columbus Crew SC Announces Winter Wonderland Packs Now on Sale - Columbus Crew SC
- LA Galaxy Announce Roster Decisions Ahead of 2020 MLS Season - LA Galaxy
- Impact Exercises Options for 11 Players - Montreal Impact
- New York Red Bulls Announce End of Year Roster Decisions - New York Red Bulls
- New England Revolution Announce Year-End Roster Moves - New England Revolution
- Chicago Fire Reveals New Primary Badge and Brand Identity Ahead of Move to Soldier Field in 2020 - Chicago Fire
- Claudio Reyna Departs New York City FC to Join Austin FC; Technical Director David Lee Promoted to Sporting Director - New York City FC
- Sporting KC Announces Roster Moves Ahead of 2020 Season - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- Samba Camara's Contract Voided
- Revolution Hire 98.5 the Sports Hub Anchor Mike "Sarge" Riley as Public Address Announcer
- Revolution Make Three Selections in 2020 MLS SuperDraft
- Matt Turner Called in to United States Men's National Team's January Camp
- New England Revolution Acquire Defender Samba Camara