Toronto FC Announces Off-Season Roster Moves
Toronto FC has exercised the contract options on defenders Auro Jr., Julian Dunn, Richie Laryea, Chris Mavinga and Justin Morrow. Midfielders Marky Delgado, Liam Fraser, Tsubasa Endoh and forward and Patrick Mullins.
Toronto FC has not exercised options on goalkeeper Caleb Patterson-Sewell, defender Ashtone Morgan, midfielders Aidan Daniels, Ryan Telfer and forward Jon Bakero.
Defender Drew Moor will be out of contract at the end of the year. In addition, the loan deal for forward Nicolas Benezet will expire at the end of the year.
Captain and midfielder Michael Bradley's contract will expire at the end of the year, however, the club is in discussions with Bradley and his representation regarding a potential new contract for 2020 and beyond.
Fourteen players are contractually guaranteed for the 2020 season: goalkeepers Alex Bono and Quentin Westberg; defenders Laurent Ciman, Omar Gonzalez, Eriq Zavaleta; midfielders Nick DeLeon, Griffin Dorsey, Erickson Gallardo, Noble Okello, Jonathan Osorio, Alejandro Pozuelo, Jacob Shaffelburg and forwards Ayo Akinola and Jozy Altidore.
"We're excited to have consistency and bring back most of the team that helped us win the Eastern Conference Championship," said Toronto FC General Manager Ali Curtis. "While we have had positive discussions with Michael and his representation, we also remain in contact with Nico and Ashtone regarding a potential return to the team for 2020. We have a strong group, and we hope to improve upon our 2019 campaign."
Toronto FC's 2020 roster as it currently stands:
Goalkeepers (2): Alex Bono, Quentin Westberg
Defenders (8): Auro Jr., Laurent Ciman, Julian Dunn, Omar Gonzalez, Richie Laryea, Chris Mavinga, Justin Morrow, Eriq Zavaleta
Midfielders (10): Nick DeLeon, Marky Delgado, Griffin Dorsey, Tsubasa Endoh, Liam Fraser, Erickson Gallardo, Noble Okello, Jonathan Osorio, Alejandro Pozuelo, Jacob Shaffelburg
Forwards (3): Ayo Akinola, Jozy Altidore, Patrick Mullins
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 21, 2019
- Dynamo Announce Roster Moves Ahead of 2020 Season - Houston Dynamo
- Chicago Fire FC Exercises Contract Option on CJ Sapong and Raheem Edwards - Chicago Fire
- LAFC Announces Roster Moves Following Record-Breaking Season - Los Angeles FC
- MNUFC 2019 Season-End Roster Update - Minnesota United FC
- Orlando City SC Announces 2019 End-Of-Season Roster Decisions - Orlando City SC
- Real Salt Lake Announces 2020 Roster Decisions - Real Salt Lake
- Earthquakes Announce Roster Moves Ahead of 2020 MLS Season - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers, Thorns FC Recognized by Portland Business Journal with Commercial Real Estate Transformer Award - Portland Timbers
- Toronto FC Announces Off-Season Roster Moves - Toronto FC
- LAFC Foundation Receives $10,000 Donation through Allstate's "Save of the Match" Program - Los Angeles FC
- Timbers Announce Roster Status Ahead of 2020 Season - Portland Timbers
- Atlanta United Announce Year-End Roster Moves - Atlanta United FC
- Columbus Crew SC Announces Winter Wonderland Packs Now on Sale - Columbus Crew SC
- LA Galaxy Announce Roster Decisions Ahead of 2020 MLS Season - LA Galaxy
- Impact Exercises Options for 11 Players - Montreal Impact
- New York Red Bulls Announce End of Year Roster Decisions - New York Red Bulls
- New England Revolution Announce Year-End Roster Moves - New England Revolution
- Chicago Fire Reveals New Primary Badge and Brand Identity Ahead of Move to Soldier Field in 2020 - Chicago Fire
- Claudio Reyna Departs New York City FC to Join Austin FC; Technical Director David Lee Promoted to Sporting Director - New York City FC
- Sporting KC Announces Roster Moves Ahead of 2020 Season - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.