LAFC and Real So Cal Soccer Club to Form LAFC So Cal Youth
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) and Real So Cal Soccer Club announced today the formation of LAFC So Cal Youth, a partnership that extends LAFC's player development expertise to the over 4,000 youth soccer players in the Real So Cal and West Valley Soccer League (WVSL) program.
"The LAFC So Cal Youth partnership is incredibly important to us," said LAFC Co-President & General Manager John Thorrington. "Our Club strives to be a force for good - not just for those players that are already in our Academy, but for all players and parents in the youth soccer landscape in Southern California, and this is an important next step."
A prominent and competitive youth club since 2006, Real So Cal Soccer Club boasts numerous championship teams and players who have moved on to the college and professional level. Now, all LAFC So Cal Youth teams will wear the Black & Gold of LAFC and have access to professional staff and player development methods and training.
"When you think of soccer in the city of Los Angeles, you think of LAFC," said LAFC So Cal Youth Program Director Alberto Bru. "By becoming LAFC So Cal Youth, we are now aligned with a tremendous, high quality professional club that will be able to share its expertise, resources and leadership."
LAFC So Cal Youth is part of the MLS Youth Affiliate Network in partnership with adidas.
"We are really excited to see the partnership evolve and for players and their families to experience the program; whether that is through the education platforms or the pathway to playing in MLS," adidas Soccer Sports Marketing Director Skate Noftsinger said. "Through the adidas youth affiliate network LAFC and Real So Cal will change youth soccer in Southern California."
Together, LAFC So Cal Youth will work to create the best youth soccer experience possible, while also focusing on a clear pathway to the LAFC Academy for elite players.
"It feels like a natural fit," LAFC Academy Director Todd Saldana said. "For a long time, they have been a front runner and ahead of the game in the youth market. This partnership gives us an opportunity to work with even more players and impact their player development program and get players even more prepared for the next level."
The LAFC Academy launched in 2016 and now has five teams from U-12 to U-17. LAFC signed its first three Academy players in 2020, with 16-year olds Christian Torres, Erik Duenas and Tony Leone becoming the first Academy Home Grown signings in Club history.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 1, 2021
- Colorado Rapids Announce 2021 Preseason Schedule - Colorado Rapids
- New York City FC Announce Preseason for 2021 Season - New York City FC
- FC Dallas Announces 2021 Preseason Schedule - FC Dallas
- Philadelphia Union Announce 2021 Preseason Schedule - Philadelphia Union
- Chicago Fire FC Announces Three Additional 2021 Preseason Opponents - Chicago Fire FC
- Inter Miami CF Announces Phil Neville's Technical Staff - Inter Miami CF
- LA Galaxy Defender Julian Araujo and Goalkeeper Jonathan Klinsmann Named to U.S. U-23 Men's National Team Camp Roster - LA Galaxy
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC Confirm Details for the Start of the 2021 Training Camp - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Michel and Perea Called up to U-23 USMNT Training Camp - Orlando City SC
- LAFC and Real So Cal Soccer Club to Form LAFC So Cal Youth - Los Angeles FC
- Midfielder Djordje Mihailovic Selected by the United States U-23 National Team - Club de Foot Montreal
- Rapids Lead MLS Clubs with Four Players Called to U-23 Training Camp Ahead of Olympic Qualifiers - Colorado Rapids
- Eryk Williamson Called up to U-23 U.S. Men's National Team Training Camp Ahead of CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Championship - Portland Timbers
- Frankie Amaya called up to U.S. Under-23 Men's National Team - FC Cincinnati
- RSL Trio Called to U-23 USMNT Training Camp - Real Salt Lake
- Chicago Fire FC Defender/Midfielder Mauricio Pineda Named to U.S. U-23 Men's National Team - Chicago Fire FC
- FC Dallas Homegrown Trio Called to U-23 USMNT Training Camp Ahead of CONCACAF Men's Olympic Qualifying Championship - FC Dallas
- Henry Kessler Named to U.S. Under-23 Men's National Team Roster for CONCACAF Men's Olympic Qualifying Championship Training Camp - New England Revolution
- Colorado Rapids 2021 Preseason Roster - Colorado Rapids
- Nashville SC Announces 2021 Preseason Schedule - Nashville SC
- Austin FC Announces Preseason Training Camp ahead of Inaugural 2021 MLS Season - Austin FC
- New York Red Bulls Add Youba Diarra on Loan from Red Bull Salzburg - New York Red Bulls
- Sporting KC Kicks off 2021 Preseason - Sporting Kansas City
- CF Montreal Announces New Partnership with BET99.net - Club de Foot Montreal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Teams up with 710 Am ESPN and KFWB 980 La Mera Mera for 2021 Radio Broadcasts
- LAFC, Estrella Media Announce Renewal and Expansion of Spanish-Language Broadcast TV Partnership
- LAFC Wrap up Preseason, Play New England to 3-3 Draw
- LAFC Hosts New England in Final Preseason Match Saturday at Banc of California Stadium
- LAFC to Host over 700 Vaccinated Essential Workers at Saturday's Preseason Match