Chicago Fire FC Announces Three Additional 2021 Preseason Opponents
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire FC today announced that it will face New York City FC, Philadelphia Union and FC Cincinnati, along with previously announced Orlando City SC, during a nearly month-long preseason training camp in Orlando, Fla., ahead of its 2021 MLS campaign.
Last week, the Fire announced its full preseason schedule which included four matches in Orlando. While in Orlando, the Fire will face NYCFC on Saturday, March 13 at 11:00 a.m. CT at the Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate. On Saturday, March 20, the Chicago will take on the Union at the Joe DiMaggio Sports Complex in Clearwater, Fla., at 2:00 p.m. CT.
One week later, the Fire will return to the Omni Orlando Resort to face FC Cincinnati on Saturday, March 27 at 11:00 a.m. CT. The Club will wrap up the Orlando portion of camp with the previously announced match against Orlando City SC on Saturday, April 3 at 11:00 a.m. CT.
The Fire's preseason games are not scheduled to be broadcast although highlights will be shared via social media in real-time.
Following the match against Orlando, the Club will return to Chicago and resume training at SeatGeek Stadium on Monday, April 5.
The Fire's preseason training camp features comprehensive health and safety protocols, including regular testing of players, coaches and staff for COVID-19. Additionally, the health and safety protocol will prohibit media access to training sessions and matches, restricting access to players and essential staff only. Chicago Fire Communications will provide recorded interviews, b-roll footage and photography. Players and coaches will also be available to media members virtually on a regular basis.
The 2021 MLS season is scheduled to begin on Saturday, April 17. The complete regular season schedule will be announced in the coming weeks.
Below is the Fire's complete 2021 preseason schedule:
March 1-6 - Training at SeatGeek Stadium
March 7 - Travel to Orlando, Fla.
March 13 - Chicago Fire FC vs. New York City FC at Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate (11:00 a.m. CT)
March 20 - Chicago Fire FC vs. Philadelphia Union at Joe DiMaggio Sports Complex (2:00 p.m. CT)
March 27 - Chicago Fire FC vs. FC Cincinnati at Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate (11:00 a.m. CT)
April 3 - Chicago Fire FC vs. Orlando City SC at TBD (11:00 a.m. CT) / Return to Chicago
April 5-16 - Training at SeatGeek Stadium
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 1, 2021
- Colorado Rapids Announce 2021 Preseason Schedule - Colorado Rapids
- New York City FC Announce Preseason for 2021 Season - New York City FC
- FC Dallas Announces 2021 Preseason Schedule - FC Dallas
- Philadelphia Union Announce 2021 Preseason Schedule - Philadelphia Union
- Chicago Fire FC Announces Three Additional 2021 Preseason Opponents - Chicago Fire FC
- Inter Miami CF Announces Phil Neville's Technical Staff - Inter Miami CF
- LA Galaxy Defender Julian Araujo and Goalkeeper Jonathan Klinsmann Named to U.S. U-23 Men's National Team Camp Roster - LA Galaxy
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC Confirm Details for the Start of the 2021 Training Camp - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Michel and Perea Called up to U-23 USMNT Training Camp - Orlando City SC
- LAFC and Real So Cal Soccer Club to Form LAFC So Cal Youth - Los Angeles FC
- Midfielder Djordje Mihailovic Selected by the United States U-23 National Team - Club de Foot Montreal
- Rapids Lead MLS Clubs with Four Players Called to U-23 Training Camp Ahead of Olympic Qualifiers - Colorado Rapids
- Eryk Williamson Called up to U-23 U.S. Men's National Team Training Camp Ahead of CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Championship - Portland Timbers
- Frankie Amaya called up to U.S. Under-23 Men's National Team - FC Cincinnati
- RSL Trio Called to U-23 USMNT Training Camp - Real Salt Lake
- Chicago Fire FC Defender/Midfielder Mauricio Pineda Named to U.S. U-23 Men's National Team - Chicago Fire FC
- FC Dallas Homegrown Trio Called to U-23 USMNT Training Camp Ahead of CONCACAF Men's Olympic Qualifying Championship - FC Dallas
- Henry Kessler Named to U.S. Under-23 Men's National Team Roster for CONCACAF Men's Olympic Qualifying Championship Training Camp - New England Revolution
- Colorado Rapids 2021 Preseason Roster - Colorado Rapids
- Nashville SC Announces 2021 Preseason Schedule - Nashville SC
- Austin FC Announces Preseason Training Camp ahead of Inaugural 2021 MLS Season - Austin FC
- New York Red Bulls Add Youba Diarra on Loan from Red Bull Salzburg - New York Red Bulls
- Sporting KC Kicks off 2021 Preseason - Sporting Kansas City
- CF Montreal Announces New Partnership with BET99.net - Club de Foot Montreal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire FC Stories
- Fire to Begin 24th MLS Season against New England Revolution at Soldier Field on Saturday
- Chicago Fire FC to Stream Locally Broadcast Regular Season Games on Team Website & Mobile App Free of Charge
- Chicago Fire FC Announces New Partnership with AstroTurf
- Chicago Fire FC Announce Tickets for Home Opener at Soldier Field on Sale
- 2021 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Qualification Announced