LA Galaxy Weekly
LOS ANGELES - The LA Galaxy (9-6-1, 28 points) have two road games on the schedule as they resume their 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup campaign and return to MLS Regular Season play this week
The LA Galaxy will take on Portland Timbers in the U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 at 8 p.m. PT on Wednesday, June 19 at Providence Park (ESPN+). Last year, the Galaxy fell 1-0 in the Round of 16 to the Timbers in Portland. The Galaxy have recorded a 35-18-0 all-time record in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup. They have entered the Open Cup every year since 1999, winning the tournament in 2001 and 2005 while reaching the Open Cup Final on two other occasions.
The Galaxy return to MLS action at 4:30 p.m. PT on Saturday, June 22 against FC Cincinnati at Nippert Stadium (Spectrum SportsNet). It will mark the Galaxy's first ever MLS match against FC Cincinnati.
The Galaxy will resume MLS play against FC Cincinnati (3-11-2, 11 points) at 4:30 p.m. PT on Saturday, June 22 at Nippert Stadium (Spectrum SportsNet).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 17, 2019
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Host Minnesota United FC in Open Cup Round of 16 - Houston Dynamo
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: June 17, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: June 17, 2019 - Chicago Fire
- 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Hosts Atlanta United at MAPFRE Stadium Tomorrow Night - Columbus Crew SC
- LA Galaxy Weekly - LA Galaxy
- Know Your Opponent | New England Revolution - Orlando City SC
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: June 17, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Columbus Crew SC - Atlanta United FC
- MLS Announces Time Change for Quakes vs. Crew SC on August 3 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Major League Soccer and adidas Unveil Orlando-Inspired Jersey and Official Match Ball Ahead of 2019 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy 2020 MLS Home Opener Set for Saturday, March 7 at Dignity Health Sports Park
- LA Galaxy Select Defender Danilo Acosta in 2019 MLS End-Of-Year Waivers Process
- LA Galaxy Announce Roster Decisions Ahead of 2020 MLS Season
- LA Galaxy Sign Midfielder Sebastian Lletget to New Contract
- LA Galaxy Extend Loan for Forward Cristian Pavon