Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: June 17, 2019
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. - The Chicago Fire Soccer Club will host its annual Pride Night at SeatGeek Stadium on Saturday when the team returns to MLS action versus Real Salt Lake. Scheduled to begin at 7:00 p.m. CT, the match will be televised on ESPN+ and transmitted locally on Univision Radio WRTO AM 1200. Coverage will begin at 6:45 p.m. CT with a live pregame show on ESPN+, presented by CIBC.
This year's Pride festivities will include limited edition Chicago Fire Pride-themed merchandise and scarves, a national anthem performance by Chicago-based recording artist Steve Grand and numerous additional Pride-themed in-stadium activations. To read more about the Chicago Fire's Pride Night, click here.
Saturday's game will mark the Men in Red's first regular season match since June 1, due to the Concacaf Gold Cup break. Entering the contest against Real Salt Lake, the Fire is unbeaten in its last six home matches (4-0-2) since March 30. During that stretch, the Club's four home wins ranks tied as the second-most in the league.
Saturday's game will mark the 22nd meeting between the two teams since RSL joined the league as an expansion team in 2005. Historically, the head-to-head regular season series between the Fire and RSL has been tightly contested, with the teams sharing a 7-7-7 record.
RSL (6-8-1, 19 points) enters Saturday's match after suffering three straight defeats across all competitions. In its most recent match, RSL fell 3-0 to Los Angeles FC in the fourth round of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup at Rio Tinto Stadium on June 11. RSL lost its last MLS contest 4-0 to New York Red Bulls at Red Bull Arena on June 1. Midfielder Albert Rusnák and forward Sam Johnson are tied for the most goals on the team (five).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 17, 2019
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Host Minnesota United FC in Open Cup Round of 16 - Houston Dynamo
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: June 17, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: June 17, 2019 - Chicago Fire
- 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Hosts Atlanta United at MAPFRE Stadium Tomorrow Night - Columbus Crew SC
- LA Galaxy Weekly - LA Galaxy
- Know Your Opponent | New England Revolution - Orlando City SC
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: June 17, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Columbus Crew SC - Atlanta United FC
- MLS Announces Time Change for Quakes vs. Crew SC on August 3 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Major League Soccer and adidas Unveil Orlando-Inspired Jersey and Official Match Ball Ahead of 2019 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Battles Columbus Crew SC to 2-2 Draw
- Chicago Fire Acquires $100,000 in General Allocation Money from Atlanta United
- Chicago Fire Midfielder Cristian Martinez Called up to U-22 Panama National Team
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Falls 2-1 to FC Cincinnati
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Announces Partnership with Captain Morgan