Know Your Opponent | New England Revolution
Orlando City SC's 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup run continues in the Round of 16 with a battle against MLS-side New England Revolution. This is City's first time hosting an Open Cup match since 2017. Here is what you need to know about City's opponents:
The Revolution come into Wednesday's Round of 16 meeting with Orlando City after a 3-2 victory over the New York Red Bulls in the Fourth Round of the Open Cup. New England hasn't lost a match in its last five, going 3-0-2 in that span.
Midfielder DeJuan Jones has made an immediate impact during his first season with the Revolution. Jones was named one of the top early candidates for MLS Rookie of the Year and has been noted for his exceptional speed and strong work ethic. Jones has started seven of the 11 games he represented the Revolution in and has notched a goal and an assist in his rookie season.
In the nine last matches, Orlando City SC has held New England Revolution to a record of 2-3-4. The Lions are undefeated against the Revolution in Orlando with a home record of 2-0-3.
Rasmussen College Fun Fact
Orlando City's 6-1 win over New England in 2017 is the club's largest margin of victory in history. Five different players contributed to the six-goal score sheet, a record that has not been matched by the club in a game since.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 17, 2019
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Host Minnesota United FC in Open Cup Round of 16 - Houston Dynamo
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: June 17, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: June 17, 2019 - Chicago Fire
- 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Hosts Atlanta United at MAPFRE Stadium Tomorrow Night - Columbus Crew SC
- LA Galaxy Weekly - LA Galaxy
- Know Your Opponent | New England Revolution - Orlando City SC
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: June 17, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Columbus Crew SC - Atlanta United FC
- MLS Announces Time Change for Quakes vs. Crew SC on August 3 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Major League Soccer and adidas Unveil Orlando-Inspired Jersey and Official Match Ball Ahead of 2019 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Orlando City SC Signs Top Prospect, David Loera, to MLS Homegrown Contract
- Orlando City Acquires Colombian Midfielder Andres Perea on Loan
- Orlando City to Host Real Salt Lake in 2020 MLS Season Opener on February 29
- Orlando City SC Names Oscar Pareja as Head Coach
- Joao Moutinho Named to the MLS 22 Under 22 Fans' List for 2019