Kyle Wilson earns AHL Player of the Week honors
HERSHEY - The 2006 Calder Cup Champion HERSHEY BEARS announced Monday in conjunction with the American Hockey league that center Kyle Wilson has been named the CCM Vector Player of the Week for the week ending March 18.
Wilson enjoyed the finest 48 hours of his career this past weekend, notching 10 points in three games, helping the BEARS to close within two points of first place in the East Division. The rookie out of Colgate University scored four goals and assisted on six others, including a natural hat trick Sunday in HERSHEY'S 6-1 win over Binghamton. Wilson became the sixth HERSHEY skater to score 20 or more goals in 2006-07 on Sunday. The Oakville, Ontario native now has 42 points in 41 games for HERSHEY since being recalled from South Carolina (ECHL) on December 2.
In recognition of his achievement, Wilson will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming BEARS home game.
HERSHEY continues its current five-game homestand this Wednesday night when the BEARS host the Springfield Falcons at 7:00 p.m. Wednesday's game is sold out; however tickets remain for Saturday and Sunday's home games against Philadelphia and Binghamton. Tickets are available through the GIANT Center box office, or by calling (717) 534-3911.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 19, 2007
- Eight straight wins for first place Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Rivermen weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Sharks bring in first annual Guns n' Hoses game with a "bang" - Worcester Sharks
- Knights To Hold Audition For Knight Patrol - Abbotsford Heat
- Portland Pirates Weekly Report - Portland Pirates
- San Antonio Rampage Week 24 Report - San Antonio Rampage
- Iowa Stars sign defenseman - Iowa Chops
- Knights Finish Home Stand, Hit Road - Abbotsford Heat
- AHL heading to Rockford in 2007-08 - AHL
- Norfolk first to clinch playoff berth - AHL
- Regular Season Enters Final Four Weeks - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks to host Sabres-Amerks alumni game Sunday - Rochester Americans
- 'Dogs return to action at Copps Coliseum this week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Playoff implications highlight week for Stars - Iowa Chops
- Red-Hot Devils Go 2-0-0-1 - Albany Devils
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Moose Recall Julien Ellis - Manitoba Moose
- Moose Sign Mason Raymond to ATO - Manitoba Moose
- Kyle Wilson earns AHL Player of the Week honors - Hershey Bears
- Pens to play four in five this week - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears' Wilson named CCM Vector/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Admirals First Team to Clinch Playoff Spot - Norfolk Admirals
- Put your Cowboy Boots Back on, Country Night has been Rescheduled - Hershey Bears
- Iowa Stars Weekly - Iowa Chops
- Albany River Rats Notebook - Albany River Rats
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Griffins Announce Executive Promotions - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Battle For Playoffs Continues - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Mojzis Recalled by the Blues Under Emergency Conditions - Peoria Rivermen
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Aeros Weekly Report - Houston Aeros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.