Kornet Shines in Assignment; Knicks Beat Red Claws
WHITE PLAINS, NY - The Westchester Knicks (29-20), the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, clinched a home playoff contest in a 105-94 victory over the Maine Red Claws (19-30), 110-102, Thursday evening at Westchester County Center.
The Knicks boasted a lead as large as 13 points, evident in the second quarter, which contrasted Maine's slim three-point advantage in the third. That third quarter also saw four lead changes and four ties but after the Knicks stepped out in front at the 8:13 mark of the fourth, the hosts never looked back.
Luke Kornet, on assignment from the New York Knicks, paced Westchester with 20 points on 83.3-percent shooting. He drilled a game-high three triples, soared for eight rebounds and added five assists.
Jameel Warney added 21 points on 50-percent shooting and eight rebounds. Stephen Zimmerman collected 11 rebounds and raised for two rejections. Billy Garrett (19) and Zak Irvin (18) also scored big for Westchester.
For the Red Claws, PJ Dozier led on the evening with 33 points with nine points hailing from the free-throw line. Thomas Robinson added a game-high 17 boards and scored 11 points.
Kornet is expected to return to the New York Knicks tomorrow.
With the win, Westchester has secured a home playoff contest to be played on Wednesday, March 27. The game time and opponent are to be determined.
Westchester closes out the 2018-19 regular season at the Erie Bayhawks Saturday, March 23 at 7:00 PM (ET).
Watch game highlights here - https://youtu.be/E48IWldjHl4
Watch Luke Kornet's highlights here - https://youtu.be/E48IWldjHl4
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 21, 2019
- Kornet Shines in Assignment; Knicks Beat Red Claws - Westchester Knicks
- Swarm Falter to Fort Wayne Mad Ants - Greensboro Swarm
- Knicks Top Red Claws Down the Stretch - Maine Celtics
- Swarm to Host Fan Appreciation Night, Presented by Allegacy Federal Credit Union - Greensboro Swarm
- Detroit Pistons Recall Khyri Thomas and Svi Mykhailiuk from Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Santa Cruz Warriors Playoff Tickets Available Today - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Delaware Blue Coats to Host Pro Wrestling Extravaganza in Season's Final Home Stand - Delaware Blue Coats
- Blue Coats Defeat Drive with 144 Points in Road Finale - Delaware Blue Coats
- Santa Cruz Warriors Defeat Capital City Go-Go 120-116 to Secure Pacific Division Title - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Drive Headed Back to Playoffs - Grand Rapids Drive
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Westchester Knicks Stories
- Knicks Suffer 10-Point Setback to Celtics
- Celtics Serve Knicks First Home Loss of the Season
- Knicks Pick up Second Straight Victory; Take Care of Nets, 108-101
- Knicks Garner First Win of the Season Versus Nets, 104-98
- Raptors Edge Knicks in Slim Three-Point Decision