Blue Coats Defeat Drive with 144 Points in Road Finale
GRAND RAPIDS, MI - The Delaware Blue Coats (20-28), the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, defeated the Grand Rapids Drive (26-22), 144-135, on Wednesday night in the team's final road game of the season. Eight Blue Coats players scored in double figures as the team posted a season-high tying 144 points in the victory.
76ers two-way contract player Shake Milton poured in a game-high 35 points (14-20 fg, 1-6 3fg, 6-6 ft) to go along with five rebounds and six assists in 35 minutes for the Blue Coats. The rookie out of SMU is now averaging 27.4 points per game in eight games since returning from injury. Keenan Evans, who was acquired from Grand Rapids in a Jan. 22 trade, tallied 22 points (7-8 fg, 2-2 3fg, 6-6 ft), three rebounds and three steals in 25 minutes for Delaware. Jared Brownridge added 22 points (6-15 fg, 4-11 3fg, 6-6 ft) in 29 minutes as a reserve. 76ers assignment player Zhaire Smith recorded 11 points (5-13 fg, 1-3 ft), three rebounds and two assists in 24 minutes in his third start of the season for the Blue Coats.
After being held under 100 points for just the fifth time this season on Monday night against Canton, the Blue Coats led Grand Rapids 39-36 after the first quarter and 79-70 at halftime. The Blue Coats have now scored 144 points in consecutive Wednesday night road contests after doing so last Wednesday in a double overtime loss at Wisconsin.
Detroit Pistons two-way contract player Kalin Lucas registered a team-high 32 points (12-19 fg, 4-7 3fg, 4-7 ft) with four rebounds and eight assists in 30 minutes for the Drive. Khyri Thomas, on assignment from the Pistons, posted 25 points (10-19 fg, 4-8 3fg, 1-1 ft), six rebounds and two assists in 31 minutes. Lucas' fellow two-way contract player Isaiah Whitehead tallied 24 points (11-22 fg, 1-4 3fg, 1-1 ft), seven rebounds and five assists in 34 minutes.
The Blue Coats will play its final two games of the season back-to-back on Friday and Saturday at 76ers Fieldhouse. The team hosts the Long Island Nets on Friday and the Maine Red Claws on Saturday. Both games tip off at 7:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 21, 2019
- Kornet Shines in Assignment; Knicks Beat Red Claws - Westchester Knicks
- Swarm Falter to Fort Wayne Mad Ants - Greensboro Swarm
- Knicks Top Red Claws Down the Stretch - Maine Celtics
- Swarm to Host Fan Appreciation Night, Presented by Allegacy Federal Credit Union - Greensboro Swarm
- Detroit Pistons Recall Khyri Thomas and Svi Mykhailiuk from Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Santa Cruz Warriors Playoff Tickets Available Today - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Delaware Blue Coats to Host Pro Wrestling Extravaganza in Season's Final Home Stand - Delaware Blue Coats
- Blue Coats Defeat Drive with 144 Points in Road Finale - Delaware Blue Coats
- Santa Cruz Warriors Defeat Capital City Go-Go 120-116 to Secure Pacific Division Title - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Drive Headed Back to Playoffs - Grand Rapids Drive
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.