Knights Fall to Bulls 2-1 on Wednesday
(UPTOWN CHARLOTTE, NC) - Left fielder Micker Adolfo launched a solo home run in the bottom of the second inning, but the Charlotte Knights dropped game two of the six-game series against the Durham Bulls by a score of 2-1 on Wednesday night from Truist Field in Uptown Charlotte.
The Bulls quickly jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the top of the first inning against Charlotte LHP Kyle Kubat (2-2, 4.07), who was saddled with the loss. Kubat allowed two runs over 4.2 innings pitched. A total of five Charlotte relievers then combined to hold the Bulls scoreless over the final 4.1 innings.
Durham hitters Josh Lowe (RBI single) and Rene Pinto (RBI groundout) drove home the team's lone runs on the night.
For the Knights, Adolfo launched his eighth home run of the season to cut the Durham lead in half, 2-1. The home run was a 475-foot blast over the left field wall. Despite a total of six hits on the evening, Adolfo's home run was Charlotte's lone run of the night.
The Knights will continue the series against the Bulls on Thursday from Truist Field with first pitch of game three set for 7:04 p.m. The "Voice of the Charlotte Knights" Matt Swierad and long-time Knights broadcaster Mike Pacheco will have the call for all of the action on 730 The Game ESPN Charlotte and www.CharlotteKnights.com.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A East League message board...
Triple-A East League Stories from September 15, 2021
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp: Five-Run Seventh Propels Jacksonville to Victory - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Tides Fall to Jacksonville Late to Split Series - Norfolk Tides
- Knights Fall to Bulls 2-1 on Wednesday - Charlotte Knights
- Bisons Blast Red Wings, 20-3, to Move One Step Away from Division Title - Buffalo Bisons
- Rodriguez Hits 200th Home Run in Victory - Toledo Mud Hens
- Romero, Bulls Edge Knights 2-1 - Durham Bulls
- IronPigs and RailRiders Postponed Due to Rain - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- RailRiders Game Suspended - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Sounds Game in Gwinnett Cancelled Due to Rain - Nashville Sounds
- Early 'Birds Get the Worm, Score Quick & Often in Day Game Win - Louisville Bats
- Redbirds Roll to Wednesday Afternoon Win - Memphis Redbirds
- WooSox and Mets Cancelled Due to Rain - Worcester Red Sox
- September 15 Game Notes: Iowa at Omaha - Iowa Cubs
- Mets and Red Sox Rained out on Wednesday - Syracuse Mets
- Indy's Afternoon Rally Falls Short, 3-2 - Indianapolis Indians
- Burrows Masterful as Saints Hang on for 3-2 Victory over Indianapolis - St. Paul Saints
- 7-Run Fifth Keeps Bats Hot - Louisville Bats
- Sounds Return to First Horizon Park on September 22 for Final Homestand - Nashville Sounds
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - September 15, 2021 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Memphis Redbirds Game Notes: September 15, 2021 - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (54-60) vs. St. Paul Saints (59-56) - Indianapolis Indians
- Fab Five: Indians Welcome Five New Additions to Staff - Indianapolis Indians
- RailRiders Top Flailing IronPigs - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Omaha Held to Four Hits in Series-Opening Loss to Iowa - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Brennen Davis Clubs Two Long Balls in 8-1 Victory - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Drop Series Opener to Louisville - Memphis Redbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlotte Knights Stories
- 16 Former Knights Headline Sox ALDS Roster
- Great Clips and Charlotte Knights Raise over $20k to Support Children with Pediatric Brain Tumors
- Knights Drop Final Game of 2021 to Redbirds 4-3
- ACC Baseball Championship Returns to Charlotte
- Knights & Redbirds Cancelled on Saturday