Kings Sign Prospect Piskula
MANCHESTER, NH - The Los Angeles Kings, the parent club of the Manchester Monarchs, have signed defenseman Joe Piskula to a multi-year entry-level contract, Kings President/General Manager Dean Lombardi announced today.
Piskula, 22, played in 38 games this season with the Wisconsin Badgers and had five points (1-4=5), 34 penalty minutes and a plus-2 rating. In three seasons with the Badgers, the 6-foot-3, 210-pound native of Antigo, Wisconsin, appeared in 112 games and totaled 22 points (3-19=22), 80 penalty minutes and a plus-36 rating.
Piskula, voted as the Badgers' Otto Breitenbach Most Improved Player by his teammates in 2005-06, played for the Des Moines Buccaneers (USHL) prior to attending the University of Wisconsin. He was also a finalist for Wisconsin's "Mr. Hockey" while skating for Antigo High School.
The Monarchs return to the ice on Friday, March 23 at 7:05 p.m. when they travel to the Dunkin' Donuts Center to drop the puck with the Providence Bruins. Catch all of the play-by-play action of Monarchs hockey with Ken Cail on the Monarchs Radio Network WGIR-AM 610 and at www.monarchshockey.com. Watch the game live on B2 Networks for just $6 per game. Log onto www.monarchshockey.com and click on the link to B2 Networks ten minutes prior to each Monarchs game to watch the game live.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 21, 2007
- P-Bruins Defeat Pirates 5-3 - Providence Bruins
- Ak-Sar-Ben Knights Blank Admirals, 2-0 - Abbotsford Heat
- 'Dogs clipped by Amerks - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Kochan, Reitz lead way in sweep - Houston Aeros
- Move over Norfolk, Bears back on top of East - Hershey Bears
- Penguins put off Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Bulldogs weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Devils Sign Tarkir to ATO - Albany Devils
- Admirals Recall Sanford - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks sign Tanner Glass to ATO - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Announce Details of Quickway Food Stores Eye Black Night Set For March 31 - Syracuse Crunch
- Ottawa assigns three prospects to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Kings Sign Prospect Piskula - Manchester Monarchs
- Marlies visit Syracuse before returning home for weekend action - Toronto Marlies
- Albany River Rats sign RW Kirk MacDonald to ATO - Albany River Rats
- Stars sign one, lose one - Iowa Chops
- Crabb and LaVallee Wrap Up Wolves Reading Program - Chicago Wolves
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Blackhawks Return Dustin Byfuglien to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Aeros Gameday - Houston Aeros
- Bears have first place and splayoff spot in sight - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.