Blackhawks Return Dustin Byfuglien to Admirals
CHICAGO, Illinois - Blackhawks General Manager Dale Tallon announced today that Chicago has returned defenseman Dustin Byfuglien to the Norfolk Admirals.
Byfuglien (pronounced "BUFF-lihn"), 21, is a 6'3", 254 lb. defenseman from Roseau, Minnesota. Byfuglien played in last night's game at Columbus taking the place of defenseman Adrian Aucoin whose wife, Caroline, delivered a baby boy, Cameron, yesterday afternoon. Byfuglien has now played in seven games for the Blackhawks this season posting two assists and six penalty minutes.
In 52 games with Norfolk this season, Byfuglien has 14 goals and 22 assists for 36 points and 107 penalty minutes. He leads all Admirals defensemen in goals and points and is fifth among all AHL defensemen in scoring. In 105 career AHL games (all with Norfolk), Byfuglien has 22 goals and 37 assists for 59 points and 182 penalty minutes.
Byfuglien played in the AHL All-Star Game in January. He won the CCM Vector Hardest Shot event at the skills competition with a blast clocked at 98.7 miles per hour.
Byfuglien was drafted by the Blackhawks in the eighth round (245th overall) of the 2003 NHL Entry Draft. He made his pro debut with the Admirals in October 2005 and then made his NHL debut with the Blackhawks in March 2006. In 32 career NHL games, Byfuglien has three goals and four assists for seven points and 28 penalty minutes.
Norfolk departs on a quick two-game road trip that will take them to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and Binghamton next weekend. Norfolk faces the Penguins at 7:05 p.m. on Friday and the Senators at 7:05 p.m. on Saturday.
The Admirals return to Scope on Wednesday, March 28, to battle the Philadelphia Phantoms. To purchase tickets to an Admirals game, you may visit the Scope Box Office weekdays from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., call Ticketmaster at (757) 671-8100 or visit Ticketmaster online at www.ticketmaster.com. To purchase Admirals ten packs or group tickets, please stop by the Admirals' administrative offices at Scope or call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 21, 2007
- P-Bruins Defeat Pirates 5-3 - Providence Bruins
- Ak-Sar-Ben Knights Blank Admirals, 2-0 - Abbotsford Heat
- 'Dogs clipped by Amerks - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Kochan, Reitz lead way in sweep - Houston Aeros
- Move over Norfolk, Bears back on top of East - Hershey Bears
- Penguins put off Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Bulldogs weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Devils Sign Tarkir to ATO - Albany Devils
- Admirals Recall Sanford - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks sign Tanner Glass to ATO - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Announce Details of Quickway Food Stores Eye Black Night Set For March 31 - Syracuse Crunch
- Ottawa assigns three prospects to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Kings Sign Prospect Piskula - Manchester Monarchs
- Marlies visit Syracuse before returning home for weekend action - Toronto Marlies
- Albany River Rats sign RW Kirk MacDonald to ATO - Albany River Rats
- Stars sign one, lose one - Iowa Chops
- Crabb and LaVallee Wrap Up Wolves Reading Program - Chicago Wolves
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Blackhawks Return Dustin Byfuglien to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Aeros Gameday - Houston Aeros
- Bears have first place and splayoff spot in sight - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.