Amerks sign Tanner Glass to ATO
(Rochester, NY)... Rochester Americans General Manager Jody Gage announced today the signing of Tanner Glass to an Amateur Try-Out Agreement (ATO). Glass was selected in the ninth round (265th overall) by the Florida Panthers in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.
The 6-1 left wing joins the Amerks after spending the past four years as a member of the Dartmouth College squad, serving as team captain his senior year. The Regina, Saskatchewan, native registered 54 points (23+31) in 92 career games with the Big Green.
During the 2005-06 season, the 23-year-old was the highest scoring junior on the team with 28 points, six of which were produced on the power play. His six power-play goals were good enough for a share of the team lead. As a junior, he racked up five multiple-point games, including a career-high four points in the ECAC quarterfinals. He was also among the few members of the team to start all 33 games.
As a sophomore, Glass finished the season with 15 points in 33 games. He recorded four-multiple point games while collecting 10 points in 21 ECAC games.
Before his reign as a member of Dartmouth College, Glass played Junior hockey for the Nanaimo Clippers of the B.C. Hockey League (BCHL). He was touted as one of the top forwards in the BCHL, earning him All-League honors, in addition to a spot in the BCHL All-Star game. Glass, who brought an intense physical presence to the game, was consistently rated as one of the top forwards in his age group in Canada.
Off the ice, Glass was an honor student all throughout high school and was also an active member in the community, spending a majority of his time volunteering with several youth hockey programs.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 21, 2007
- P-Bruins Defeat Pirates 5-3 - Providence Bruins
- Ak-Sar-Ben Knights Blank Admirals, 2-0 - Abbotsford Heat
- 'Dogs clipped by Amerks - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Kochan, Reitz lead way in sweep - Houston Aeros
- Move over Norfolk, Bears back on top of East - Hershey Bears
- Penguins put off Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Bulldogs weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Devils Sign Tarkir to ATO - Albany Devils
- Admirals Recall Sanford - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks sign Tanner Glass to ATO - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Announce Details of Quickway Food Stores Eye Black Night Set For March 31 - Syracuse Crunch
- Ottawa assigns three prospects to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Kings Sign Prospect Piskula - Manchester Monarchs
- Marlies visit Syracuse before returning home for weekend action - Toronto Marlies
- Albany River Rats sign RW Kirk MacDonald to ATO - Albany River Rats
- Stars sign one, lose one - Iowa Chops
- Crabb and LaVallee Wrap Up Wolves Reading Program - Chicago Wolves
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Blackhawks Return Dustin Byfuglien to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Aeros Gameday - Houston Aeros
- Bears have first place and splayoff spot in sight - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.