Stars sign one, lose one
DES MOINES, IA - Iowa Stars Director of Hockey Operations Scott White announced this morning that the Dallas Stars have reassigned Left Wing John Lammers to their ECHL affiliate, the Idaho Steelheads. White also announced that the Iowa Stars have signed Defenseman Lars Helminen (HELL-mih-nehn) to an Amateur Tryout Contract (ATO).
Drafted by the Dallas Stars with their fifth choice, 86th overall, in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft, Lammers has appeared in 52 games for the Iowa Stars this season. The 5-11, 185-pound winger has notched six goals, eight assists and 14 penalty minutes: 52(6/8/14)14. The former Captain of Team Canada's World Under-18 Team registered his first professional goal on October 22nd against the Syracuse Crunch.
He will join Idaho for their home game against the Alaska Aces tonight.
The 22-year old Helminen joins the Iowa Stars after completing his four-year career at Michigan Tech University. The West Palm Beach, Florida native finished his senior season as the team's third leading scorer with 21 points in 40 games: 40(2/19/21). Included in those 21 points was a team-best nine points on the power-play. The former Co-Captain was twice selected as the Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA) Defensive Player of the Week and was selected to partake in the 2007 NCAA Frozen Four Skills Challenge prior to signing with Iowa.
The 5-7, 180-pound Defenseman leaves MTU as the school's 10th leading scoring blueliner. He was named to the All-WCHA Academic Team three times and was an All-WCHA Second Team selection in 2004-05.
His older brother Dwight is a Center with the Connecticut-based Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL).
IOWA STARS INFO: The Stars continue at home with two games this weekend, Friday against Chicago and Saturday against Milwaukee. Friday is KCWI Date Night. Two tickets, two hot dogs and two sodas for just $23 compliments of KCWI 23! Saturday is Group Incentive Night. Contact the Stars about arranging your group. Game time for both games is 7:00 PM. Doors open for all home games one hour before face-off. Bring a group or hold your child's birthday at a Stars game! All ticketing information can be obtained by calling 515-23-STARS or by visiting IowaStarsHockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 21, 2007
- P-Bruins Defeat Pirates 5-3 - Providence Bruins
- Ak-Sar-Ben Knights Blank Admirals, 2-0 - Abbotsford Heat
- 'Dogs clipped by Amerks - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Kochan, Reitz lead way in sweep - Houston Aeros
- Move over Norfolk, Bears back on top of East - Hershey Bears
- Penguins put off Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Bulldogs weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Devils Sign Tarkir to ATO - Albany Devils
- Admirals Recall Sanford - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks sign Tanner Glass to ATO - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Announce Details of Quickway Food Stores Eye Black Night Set For March 31 - Syracuse Crunch
- Ottawa assigns three prospects to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Kings Sign Prospect Piskula - Manchester Monarchs
- Marlies visit Syracuse before returning home for weekend action - Toronto Marlies
- Albany River Rats sign RW Kirk MacDonald to ATO - Albany River Rats
- Stars sign one, lose one - Iowa Chops
- Crabb and LaVallee Wrap Up Wolves Reading Program - Chicago Wolves
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Blackhawks Return Dustin Byfuglien to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Aeros Gameday - Houston Aeros
- Bears have first place and splayoff spot in sight - Hershey Bears