Kings Recall Carl Grundstrom from Ontario
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Kings, NHL affiliate of the Ontario Reign, have recalled forward Carl Grundstrom from Ontario.
The 21-year-old Grundstrom (born Dec. 1, 1997) is a 6-0, 201-pound native of Umea, Sweden who was acquired this season from the Toronto Maple Leafs in the Jake Muzzin trade. He is currently in his first full professional season in North America, having appeared in 55 games this season between the Toronto Marlies (AHL) and the Reign. He has recorded 39 points (16-23=39, a plus-3 rating and 32 penalty minutes during that time, including ten points (3-7=10) from 13 games played with Ontario.
Last season, he joined the Marlies for the playoffs after appearing in 35 games with Frolunda in the Swedish Hockey League (SHL), where he posted 24 points (17-7=24), a plus-8 rating and eight penalty minutes. In the AHL playoffs he helped lead Toronto to the Calder Cup Championship, defeating the Texas Stars in seven games. Grundstrom appeared in 20 postseason games with the Marlies, recording 14 points (8-6=14), a plus-12 rating and 14 penalty minutes. He led all rookies in points (10th overall) and plus/minus (3rd overall).
The Ontario Reign are in the midst of their 2018-19 season, their fourth as members of the American Hockey League. For more information regarding upcoming home games, promotions and ticket offers, visit http://www.ontarioreign.com/schedule/, and to secure your seats with a Reign ticket plan, call 909.941.7825 or visit OntarioReign.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 9, 2019
- Condors Shred San Jose, 7-1 - Bakersfield Condors
- Offense, Power Play Stall in 3-1 Loss in Manitoba - Rockford IceHogs
- Stars Top Rampage in 6-4 Thriller - Texas Stars
- Moose Earn 3-1 Win against Visiting Rockford - Manitoba Moose
- Admirals Stymied by Griffins - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rocket Score Four Unanswered Goals in the Third to Defeat Comets 5-3 - Laval Rocket
- Wolves Capture First-Place Clash - Chicago Wolves
- Olofsson, Leier Power Amerks to Fifth Straight Road Win - Rochester Americans
- Miletic Caps off Comeback in Penguins' 4-3 Overtime Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Gilmour Scores Another OT Winner - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Gilmour's OT Goal Spoils Sellout Pink in the Rink Night for T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Barber Scores Twice in Overtime Loss to Bruins - Hershey Bears
- P-Bruins Defeat Bears 4-3 in OT - Providence Bruins
- Penguins Rally Past Crunch, 4-3, in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Slip by Devils 5-3 - Binghamton Devils
- Comets Grounded by Rocket on Road - Utica Comets
- Devils Sign Nick Sorkin to PTO - Binghamton Devils
- Dallas Stars Sign Center Justin Dowling to Two-Year Contract Extension - Texas Stars
- Wolf Pack Sign Goaltender Adam Huska to ATO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Colorado Avalanche Reassign Dries to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Game #54 Preview: Tucson vs. Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- Flames Assign Curtis Lazar to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Kings Recall Carl Grundstrom from Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Moose Sign Brent Pedersen - Manitoba Moose
- Game Preview: Bears at Bruins, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Shot-Heavy Roadrunners Come up Short against Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- Petersen Helps Reign Stay Hot - Ontario Reign
- Heat Romp to 4-1 Win over Bakersfield - Stockton Heat
- Gulls Blanked by Colorado - San Diego Gulls
- Francouz Shines in Eagles 1-0 Blanking of San Diego - Colorado Eagles
- Condors Fall on Road in Stockton - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.