Devils Sign Nick Sorkin to PTO
BINGHAMTON - The Binghamton Devils announced today that the club has signed forward Nick Sorkin to a professional tryout contract. The announcement came from Binghamton's general manager, Tom Fitzgerald.
Sorkin, 27, has 34 points (14 goals, 20 assists) in 58 games this season with the ECHL's Worcester Railers. Last season, the Rockville, MD native put up nine goals and 49 assists and served as the assistant captain for the Wheeling Nailers.
The 6-foot-3, 209-pound forward has played 85 American Hockey League regular-season games with Hamilton, San Diego, and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and has 12 goals and 14 assists.
Prior to his professional career, Sorkin spent four years at University of New Hampshire and led the team with 20 goals in 2013-14. He finished tied for the team lead with 35 points in 2011-12.
After two weeks on the road the Devils return home Friday, March 29 and Saturday, March 30. Friday against Springfield, the Devils have a special guest appearance from WWE Hall of Famer Mark Henry. Fans ca get a special VIP meet-and-greet package to hang out with the former World Heavyweight Champion. Then, Saturday is Superhero Night where fans can get a special Superhero Pack that comes with a FREE Devils Superhero Cape. Also, it's the final FREE postgame skate with the players. Call or text "TICKETS" to 607-722-7367.
Binghamton Devils full season memberships are now available for the 2019-20 season! Get great benefits such as FREE New Jersey Devils NHL tickets,exclusive access to Devils players, a brand new referral program, gift cards, and much more! For information on becoming a member, text "MEMBER" to 607-722-7367.
Images from this story
Forward Nick Sorkin with the Worcester Railers
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 9, 2019
- Condors Shred San Jose, 7-1 - Bakersfield Condors
- Offense, Power Play Stall in 3-1 Loss in Manitoba - Rockford IceHogs
- Stars Top Rampage in 6-4 Thriller - Texas Stars
- Moose Earn 3-1 Win against Visiting Rockford - Manitoba Moose
- Admirals Stymied by Griffins - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rocket Score Four Unanswered Goals in the Third to Defeat Comets 5-3 - Laval Rocket
- Wolves Capture First-Place Clash - Chicago Wolves
- Olofsson, Leier Power Amerks to Fifth Straight Road Win - Rochester Americans
- Miletic Caps off Comeback in Penguins' 4-3 Overtime Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Gilmour Scores Another OT Winner - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Gilmour's OT Goal Spoils Sellout Pink in the Rink Night for T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Barber Scores Twice in Overtime Loss to Bruins - Hershey Bears
- P-Bruins Defeat Bears 4-3 in OT - Providence Bruins
- Penguins Rally Past Crunch, 4-3, in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Slip by Devils 5-3 - Binghamton Devils
- Comets Grounded by Rocket on Road - Utica Comets
- Devils Sign Nick Sorkin to PTO - Binghamton Devils
- Dallas Stars Sign Center Justin Dowling to Two-Year Contract Extension - Texas Stars
- Wolf Pack Sign Goaltender Adam Huska to ATO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Colorado Avalanche Reassign Dries to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Game #54 Preview: Tucson vs. Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- Flames Assign Curtis Lazar to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Kings Recall Carl Grundstrom from Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Moose Sign Brent Pedersen - Manitoba Moose
- Game Preview: Bears at Bruins, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Shot-Heavy Roadrunners Come up Short against Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- Petersen Helps Reign Stay Hot - Ontario Reign
- Heat Romp to 4-1 Win over Bakersfield - Stockton Heat
- Gulls Blanked by Colorado - San Diego Gulls
- Francouz Shines in Eagles 1-0 Blanking of San Diego - Colorado Eagles
- Condors Fall on Road in Stockton - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.