Admirals Stymied by Griffins
Milwaukee, WI - The Admirals surrendered a pair of first-period goals just 18 seconds apart as they dropped a 4-0 decision to the Grand Rapids Griffins on Saturday night at Panther Arena. The loss, coupled with a win by Texas over San Antonio, puts the Admirals in fifth place in the Central Division, one spot out of the playoffs with 14 games to go.
Patrick Rybar stopped all 29 shots that the Ads threw at him for his second blanking of Milwaukee this season. It was the fifth time this season that the Admirals have been held off the scoreboard.
The Griffins first goal came one second after an Admirals penalty expired when Matt Ford deflected a Chris Terry shot. Just 18 second later Dominic Shine scored his fifth of the year to make it 2-0.
The score would stay that way until late in the third period when Grand Rapids scored another quick pair, first by Terry at 15:13 and then 1:14 later by Martin Frk, to bring the final score to 4-0.
Troy Grosenick made 32 saves in net for Milwaukee but suffered the loss.
The Admirals finish off their three game in three day weekend when they travel to Chicago tomorrow afternoon at 4 pm at Allstate Arena. Milwaukee's next home game will be on Wednesday, March 13th when they host their second Baird School Day Game of the season at 10:30 against the Cleveland Monsters.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 9, 2019
- Condors Shred San Jose, 7-1 - Bakersfield Condors
- Offense, Power Play Stall in 3-1 Loss in Manitoba - Rockford IceHogs
- Stars Top Rampage in 6-4 Thriller - Texas Stars
- Moose Earn 3-1 Win against Visiting Rockford - Manitoba Moose
- Admirals Stymied by Griffins - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rocket Score Four Unanswered Goals in the Third to Defeat Comets 5-3 - Laval Rocket
- Wolves Capture First-Place Clash - Chicago Wolves
- Olofsson, Leier Power Amerks to Fifth Straight Road Win - Rochester Americans
- Miletic Caps off Comeback in Penguins' 4-3 Overtime Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Gilmour Scores Another OT Winner - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Gilmour's OT Goal Spoils Sellout Pink in the Rink Night for T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Barber Scores Twice in Overtime Loss to Bruins - Hershey Bears
- P-Bruins Defeat Bears 4-3 in OT - Providence Bruins
- Penguins Rally Past Crunch, 4-3, in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Slip by Devils 5-3 - Binghamton Devils
- Comets Grounded by Rocket on Road - Utica Comets
- Devils Sign Nick Sorkin to PTO - Binghamton Devils
- Dallas Stars Sign Center Justin Dowling to Two-Year Contract Extension - Texas Stars
- Wolf Pack Sign Goaltender Adam Huska to ATO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Colorado Avalanche Reassign Dries to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Game #54 Preview: Tucson vs. Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- Flames Assign Curtis Lazar to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Kings Recall Carl Grundstrom from Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Moose Sign Brent Pedersen - Manitoba Moose
- Game Preview: Bears at Bruins, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Shot-Heavy Roadrunners Come up Short against Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- Petersen Helps Reign Stay Hot - Ontario Reign
- Heat Romp to 4-1 Win over Bakersfield - Stockton Heat
- Gulls Blanked by Colorado - San Diego Gulls
- Francouz Shines in Eagles 1-0 Blanking of San Diego - Colorado Eagles
- Condors Fall on Road in Stockton - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.