Kingfish Fall to Rockford in Game 71
Loves Park, Ill. - The Kenosha Kingfish (19-18) fell to the Rockford Rivets (14-20) 15-5 at Rivets Stadium on Friday, August 13th.
Looking to build off of the double digit victory from the night before, Kenosha struck first on a Matt Korman (Wisconsin-Whitewater) sacrifice fly that scored Wyatt Crenshaw (Colorado Christian) to put the Kingfish up 1-0.
In the bottom half, Rockford added three on a bases-clearing, three-RBI double from Kevin Bushnell (Benedictine) to put Rockford up 3-1.
In the bottom of the third, Rockford added six runs. Four came on a Johannes Haakenson (Concordia-Wisconsin) single and score on an error that scored three additional runs. At the end of the frame, Rockford led 9-1.
Following a two-run fourth for Rockford, Kenosha got four runs back in the fifth on a Korman grand slam to cut the deficit down to 11-5. However, Rockford added four more runs later in the game to take the penultimate contest.
On the mound, Kingfish starter Mitch Waletzki (Minnesota-Duluth) took the loss. He threw three innings conceding nine runs, four were earned. He also set the single-season Kingfish strikeout record at 60. Harry Deliyannis (Pomona-Pitzer) came on in relief allowing three runs in two innings pitched. Nic Vitiritti (Carthage) threw one inning of shutout ball. Anthony Touhy (Aurora) pitched the seventh conceding two unearned runs. Nick Meyer (Dayton) threw the eighth, conceding one run.
Kenosha will take on Rockford tomorrow, Saturday August 14. First pitch is at 6:05 p.m. CDT.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 14, 2021
- Woodchucks Set Franchise Record with Winning Finale - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Booyah Fall in Season Finale - Green Bay Rockers
- MoonDogs Fall Hosting Honkers in Regular Season Finale - Mankato MoonDogs
- Rafters Complete 2021 Season - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Pit Spitters Swept, Prepare for Postseason - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Bombers Walk off the Final Game of 2021 - Battle Creek Bombers
- Mallards Win Second Half, Clinch Playoff Spot - Madison Mallards
- Rox Finish Regular Season with 50 Wins, Look Towards Playoff Series with Mankato - St. Cloud Rox
- Huskies End Regular Season on High Note - Duluth Huskies
- Booyah to End Season on Saturday - Green Bay Rockers
- Mallards Set to Fight for Playoff Spot in Regular Season Finale - Madison Mallards
- Bucks Win 2nd Half Title; Will Host All First Round Games - Waterloo Bucks
- Huskies Will Play the Great Plains East Series in Waterloo - Duluth Huskies
- Pit Spitters Start Playoffs at Home Sunday, August 15 - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Kingfish Fall to Rockford in Game 71 - Kenosha Kingfish
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.