Kernels Home Stand Preview
The Kernels open their second home stand of the season starting Tuesday at 6:35 pm with four games against the Clinton LumberKings - here's a rundown of what you can expect each day:
April 21-24 vs. Clinton LumberKings
The Kernels and FAAN (Food Allergy Awareness Network) have teamed up for Food Allergy Awareness Night on Tuesday, April 21st when the Kernels take on Clinton at 6:35 pm. During the game, no products containing peanuts or tree nuts will be served at the concession stands at Perfect Game Field at Veterans Memorial Stadium and the stadium will be cleaned of any remnants of nut residue before the game. Alternative snacks will be served in the stands during the game. Snacks will include sunflower hearts (shelled seeds), pumpkin seeds, and small bags of pretzels. It's also the first 98. KHAK Two Dollar Tuesday of the year - selected sandwiches, beverages and snacks are available for just two dollars. The Kernels welcome special guests from Kenwood Elementary to the game. Gates open at 5:30 pm.
Clinton and the Kernels play game two on Wednesday, April 22nd at 6:35 pm with the gates opening at 5:30 pm.
Bring your thirst on Thursday, April 23rd when the Kernels take on Clinton at 6:35 pm. It's 100.7 The Fox Thirsty Thursday. Fans can get 12 oz. draft beer for just $1.50 all game. Gates open at 5:30 pm.
The Kernels and the African American Museum pay tribute to Jackie Robinson, the first African American to play in the Majors, on Friday, April 24th as part of Jackie Robinson Night. Andre Morris, a six-time Big 10 champion from the University of Iowa, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch. It's a Z 102.9 Progressive Beer Friday - 16 oz. draft beer starts at $1 when the gates open at 5:30 pm and goes up $1 every hour until reaching full price. The Kernels welcome Regis Middle School and Summit School to the game and the Kernels take on Clinton starting at 6:35 pm.
Tickets for all Kernel home games are available on-line at www.kernels.com
Make sure to listed to all the exciting MWL action, home and away, on the radio home of Kernels baseball, 1450 KMRY AM, as for the 14th consecutive season, John Rodgers brings you the play-by-play action. Or listen via the internet at www.kmryradio.com
The Cedar Rapids Kernels thank you for making Perfect Game Field at Veterans Memorial Stadium the premier sports venue in Eastern Iowa!
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from April 19, 2009
- Kernels rally comes up short in 6-4 loss to Kane County - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons Lose Big in Fort Wayne - Dayton Dragons
- Lugnuts Top Whitecaps in Walk-Off, 4-3 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Loons Come Back for Victory - Great Lakes Loons
- Loons Score Two in Eighth, Rally Past Hawks - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Lugnuts Edge Whitecaps In Ninth - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Cougars Win Again to End Homestand - Kane County Cougars
- Kernels Home Stand Preview - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Kings Add Infielder Diaz - Clinton LumberKings
- Rain Washes Away Homestand Finale - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Chiefs Rained Out Sunday - Peoria Chiefs
- Rattlers Rained Out In Clinton - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Series Finale with Wisconsin Postponed - Clinton LumberKings
- Bandits, O-Royals Team Up For Charity - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Kernels thumped by Kane County, 15-2 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Taylor to Rancho Cucamonga, Cabrera joins Kernels from Tempe - Cedar Rapids Kernels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cedar Rapids Kernels Stories
- Champions Cedar Rapids Clinches First Midwest League Title Since 1994 with 7-6 Over Great Lakes
- Dinkelman, Rosario Highlight Kernels Honored in Midwest League Postseason Awards
- Game Two of the Midwest League Championship Series Suspended in Bottom of the Fifth Inning, Great Lakes Leads 1-0
- Cedar Rapids Rallies to Score Five Times in the Ninth Inning, Tops Great Lakes in Game One of the Championship Series 10-6
- Best in the West Kernels Top Peoria 9-3 to Advance to Midwest League Championship Series