Kernels 2020 Season Canceled
Cedar Rapids, IA - The Cedar Rapids Kernels at the direction of Minor League Baseball are announcing the cancellation of their 2020 season.
"These are unprecedented times for our country and our organization as this is the first time in our history that we've had a summer without Minor League Baseball played," said Minor League Baseball President & CEO Pat O'Conner. "While this is a sad day for many, this announcement removes the uncertainty surrounding the 2020 season and allows our teams to begin planning for an exciting 2021 season of affordable family entertainment."
Kernels General Manager, Scott Wilson "We are disappointed with the cancellation of the entire 2020 Minor League season by Minor League Baseball. We understand it is a decision they did not make lightly. We also understand how disappointed our fans and sponsors, who were looking forward to a terrific year of baseball, must be. Kernels baseball will return in 2021 and we look forward to seeing all our fans next season. Until then please take advantage of the Summer Reading Program for kids found on our website and support us through our extra events and the souvenir shop when possible."
If you have purchased single game tickets for a 2020 Kernels game, you will be issued a refund through the Kernels Ticket Office.
If you have purchased coupon books or gift certificates for the 2020 season, they can be rolled over and used during the Kernels 2021 season. Disregard the existing expiration dates on these items. 2020 Coupon Books and gift certificates will now expire at the end of the 2021 regular season.
Fans are encouraged to visit the Kernels COVID-19 UPDATE page on their website for the most up to date information regarding the cancellation of the 2020 season.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from June 30, 2020
- Bees Front Office and MiLB Issue Statement - Burlington Bees
- 2020 Season Gone - Clinton LumberKings
- Bees 2020 Season Cancelled - Burlington Bees
- Kernels 2020 Season Canceled - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Season Is Cancelled - Dayton Dragons
- Introducing: the Lemonade League - Lansing Lugnuts
- MiLB Season Suspended for 2020 and on Hiatus Until 2021 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- MiLB Announces 2020 Season Canceled - Great Lakes Loons
- Fort Wayne TinCaps Lose 2020 Baseball Season - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- 2020 MiLB Season Shelved - Lake County Captains
- 2020 MiLB Season Cancelled - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps Offering Meal Kits for Both Families and Couples - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Parkview Foundation Accepting Donations Toward TinCaps Meal Kits for Healthcare Workers - Fort Wayne TinCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.