MiLB Season Suspended for 2020 and on Hiatus Until 2021
Davenport, Iowa - On the heels of Major League Baseball's decision last Spring to suspend the Professional Baseball Agreement with Minor League Baseball, MLB has elected not to send players to its affiliated minor-league teams. As such, there will be no professional affiliated Minor League Baseball in the calendar year 2020. Therefore, the Quad Cities River Bandits, like all other Minor League Baseball affiliates, are officially on hiatus.
Though we are disappointed by MLB's decision, the Bandits remain committed to continuing to work with the City of Davenport, Scott County, and State of Iowa authorities to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of all citizens during the unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic.
In compliance with protocols determined by state and local health authorities, the Bandits look forward to developing opportunities to bring joy and excitement to Modern Woodmen Park at the appropriate time later this year.
Moreover, we look forward to delivering our unique version of affordable, fun, family-friendly entertainment tied to professional affiliated baseball to people throughout the greater Quad Cities in 2021 and beyond.
With regard to 2020 purchases, please note the following:
1. All single game tickets purchased for the 2020 season will be given a voucher good for any game during the 2021 season (based on availability). The River Bandits will give each purchaser a seat upgrade. For example, if you purchased an upper box single game ticket, you will be given a lower box single game voucher.
2. All season ticket, group and single game suite purchases for the 2020 season will be credited towards the 2021 season. The River Bandits will give each purchaser an additional 10% in ticket value. For example, if $200 in tickets were purchased or deposit was placed for the 2020 season, the purchaser will receive $220 in ticket credits for 2021.
3. All 2020 season sponsorships and suite leases will be transferred to the 2021 season. The River Bandits will give each paid sponsor or paid suite lease purchaser an additional 10% in sponsorship inventory or suite value credit in 2021. Any season sponsorship or suite lease holder who pays in full by September 30, 2020 will also receive the 10% value credit for 2021.
All clients will be contacted via email by a River Bandits representative over the next four-six weeks.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from June 30, 2020
- Bees Front Office and MiLB Issue Statement - Burlington Bees
- 2020 Season Gone - Clinton LumberKings
- Bees 2020 Season Cancelled - Burlington Bees
- Kernels 2020 Season Canceled - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Season Is Cancelled - Dayton Dragons
- Introducing: the Lemonade League - Lansing Lugnuts
- MiLB Season Suspended for 2020 and on Hiatus Until 2021 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- MiLB Announces 2020 Season Canceled - Great Lakes Loons
- Fort Wayne TinCaps Lose 2020 Baseball Season - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- 2020 MiLB Season Shelved - Lake County Captains
- 2020 MiLB Season Cancelled - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps Offering Meal Kits for Both Families and Couples - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Parkview Foundation Accepting Donations Toward TinCaps Meal Kits for Healthcare Workers - Fort Wayne TinCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Quad Cities River Bandits Stories
- Movies at Modern Woodmen Park
- River Bandits and Genesis Team up on COVID-19 T-Shirt
- MiLB Season Suspended for 2020 and on Hiatus Until 2021
- River Bandits/Purina to Hold Pet Food Pantry at Modern Woodmen Park
- River Bandits/Genesis PPE Drive at Modern Woodmen Park