2020 MiLB Season Shelved
(Eastlake, OH) - Following an official announcement by Minor League Baseball, the Lake County Captains, Class-A Affiliate of the Cleveland Indians, are sad to report that there will not be a Minor League Baseball season in 2020. The official announcement from Minor League Baseball is attached.
"This announcement is heartbreaking for us as an organization and we know it is disappointing to the great fans who come to our ballpark every year to enjoy Captains baseball," said Captains General Manager Jen Yorko. "While we wish we could see our wonderful fans this summer, we will be back stronger than ever in 2021. We cannot wait to see you at the ballpark when baseball returns."
Though no games will be played in 2020, the Captains will make every effort to provide fans with entertainment opportunities and special events, either virtually or at the ballpark. The team will work closely with the Ohio Department of Health and Governor Mike DeWine to ensure any events held at the ballpark are safe for fans and are operated in accordance with state safety guidelines.
In light of the cancellation of the 2020 season, the Captains have announced the following policies for fans who purchased 2020 Captains ticket packages or were members in various ticket programs. A Captains staff member will contact every fan that has purchased or paid a deposit on a ticket package.
Season Ticket Holders
All season ticket holders will have their full payment on the 2020 season ticket contract transferred to the 2021 season. This includes payments for all tickets, parking, Kids Passes and Ayce wristbands. In addition, season ticket holders will receive 20% of their total 2020 season ticket payment in Ballpark Bucks to be used during the 2021 season. Ballpark Bucks can be used during the 2021 season on single game tickets, merchandise and concourse concession food.
Group Ticket Holders
All groups who have placed a deposit for a Captains game that was to take place during the 2020 season will have their full deposit transferred to the 2021 season. These groups will be the first to pick out a game date for the 2021 season upon release of the new schedule. In addition, these groups will automatically become a part of the Captains 10 Game Crew." Groups will receive one (1) seat for 10 games for every $100 paid in their deposit for the 2020 date.
Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Holiday Package Holders
All Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Holiday Package vouchers and perks will be honored during the 2021 season. This includes Opening Day tickets, merchandise, first pitches, parking and ticket vouchers. In addition, all fans who purchased these packages will receive 12 food vouchers to use during the 2021 season. Fans will receive 12 food vouchers for every 1 (one) package purchased. The food vouchers include a hot dog, chips and a drink. They can be redeemed at the concession stands on the main concourse during any 2021 Captains home game.
All Kids Crew Members will have their membership transferred to the 2021 season and will receive a merchandise voucher that can be redeemed in the Cargo Hold Store during the 2021 season.
For questions regarding the Captains' ticket policies and the 2021 season, fans can contact the Captains' front office staff via email or by calling 440-975-8085. A full staff directory can be found here. Fans with general questions can also email [email protected]
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from June 30, 2020
- Bees Front Office and MiLB Issue Statement - Burlington Bees
- 2020 Season Gone - Clinton LumberKings
- Bees 2020 Season Cancelled - Burlington Bees
- Kernels 2020 Season Canceled - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Season Is Cancelled - Dayton Dragons
- Introducing: the Lemonade League - Lansing Lugnuts
- MiLB Season Suspended for 2020 and on Hiatus Until 2021 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- MiLB Announces 2020 Season Canceled - Great Lakes Loons
- Fort Wayne TinCaps Lose 2020 Baseball Season - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- 2020 MiLB Season Shelved - Lake County Captains
- 2020 MiLB Season Cancelled - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps Offering Meal Kits for Both Families and Couples - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Parkview Foundation Accepting Donations Toward TinCaps Meal Kits for Healthcare Workers - Fort Wayne TinCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lake County Captains Stories
- Captains to Host Five Movie Nights Powered by NOPEC
- Captains, City of Eastlake Announce July 22 Concert at Captains Ballpark
- 2020 MiLB Season Shelved
- Captains Unveil Limited Edition Patriotic T-Shirts to Support Operation S.T.A.T.
- Captains Announce Virtual Summer Reading Program, Presented by the Willoughby-Eastlake Public Library