Kelowna doubles up on Kamloops
The Kelowna Rockets defeated the Kamloops Blazers 4-2 on Friday night in Kamloops, winning the opener of a home and home series between the two teams this weekend.
Myles Bell and Justin Kirkland led the offensive charge, each scoring twice and adding an assist as the Rockets got back in the win column, improving to 41-7-0-3 on the season.
Madison Bowey chipped in with two assists while Jackson Whistle earned the win in net as the Blazers outshot Kelowna 38-34 in the game.
Cole Ully had both Kamloops' goals.
The Rockets and Blazers will meet again on Saturday in Kelowna in the second half of the double-header between the two rivals.
Tickets are available for the game through www.selectyourtickets.com.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 1, 2014
- Royals' Pink in the Rink Sold Out - Victoria Royals
- ENMAX Pond Hockey Returns - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Blazers Head to Kelowna Tonight - Kamloops Blazers
- Great Effort In 4-2 Loss To Rockets - Kamloops Blazers
- No Breaks for 'Tips in Loss to Thunderbirds - Everett Silvertips
- T-Birds Topple Tips - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Chris Driedger owns franchise record for most career saves at 3,390 - Calgary Hitmen
- Royals Drop Shootout to Giants - Victoria Royals
- Hurricanes Come Back to Edge Rebels 6-5 in a Shootout - Red Deer Rebels
- Win Streak Reaches Nine as Winterhawks Down Spokane 6-0 Friday - Portland Winterhawks
- Giants Beat Royals 5-4 in the Shootout - Vancouver Giants
- Kelowna doubles up on Kamloops - Kelowna Rockets
- Jarry Wins Goaltending Duel for Oil Kings - Edmonton Oil Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.