Giants Beat Royals 5-4 in the Shootout
VICTORIA, BC - Cain Franson scored the shootout winner to give the Vancouver Giants a 5-4 win over the Victoria Royals Friday night at the Save On Foods Memorial Centre.
Franson also scored for the Giants in the second period.
Thomas Foster had a goal and an assist and was given first star honours.
Joel Hamilton had two assists and was named third star of the game.
Dalton Sward scored his 6th short-handed marker of the season, tying James Henry for the Giants' record for most short-handed goals scored in a single season.
Payton Lee made 28 saves and was perfect in the shootout.
Next Game: Saturday February 1 at Victoria, 7:05pm
Next Home Game: Tuesday February 4 vs. Red Deer, 7:00pm
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 1, 2014
- Royals' Pink in the Rink Sold Out - Victoria Royals
- ENMAX Pond Hockey Returns - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Blazers Head to Kelowna Tonight - Kamloops Blazers
- Great Effort In 4-2 Loss To Rockets - Kamloops Blazers
- No Breaks for 'Tips in Loss to Thunderbirds - Everett Silvertips
- T-Birds Topple Tips - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Chris Driedger owns franchise record for most career saves at 3,390 - Calgary Hitmen
- Royals Drop Shootout to Giants - Victoria Royals
- Hurricanes Come Back to Edge Rebels 6-5 in a Shootout - Red Deer Rebels
- Win Streak Reaches Nine as Winterhawks Down Spokane 6-0 Friday - Portland Winterhawks
- Giants Beat Royals 5-4 in the Shootout - Vancouver Giants
- Kelowna doubles up on Kamloops - Kelowna Rockets
- Jarry Wins Goaltending Duel for Oil Kings - Edmonton Oil Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Giants Stories
- Vancouver Giants Announce 2019 Pre-Season Schedule
- Michael Dyck Named Head Coach of Canada's Summer U-18 Team
- Giants Head Coach Michael Dyck to Represent Canada at 2019 World Under-17's
- Bowen Byram Receives Sherwin-Williams CHL Top Prospect Award
- Giants Acquire 2000-Born Forward Jackson Shepard from Lethbridge