Kansas City Shuts out Sioux City 6-0
KANSAS CITY, Kan - A dominant performance by the Kansas City T-Bones lead to a 6-0 shutout victory over the first place Sioux City Explorers Tuesday night in Kansas City. The T-Bones hit a season high four home runs behind six scoreless innings from starting pitcher James Buckelew (1-0).
Kansas City took an early 2-0 lead in the second after Zach Walters and Cal Towey hit back-to-back homeruns. A crucial error in the third inning by Sioux City allowed the T-Bones to extend the lead. After Dylan Tice advanced to first on a 6-4 fielder's choice, Todd Cunningham hit a single to put two runners on. Zach Walters drove in Tice from second after a throwing error by the Explorers. Sioux City was credited with an unearned run. Kansas City lead 3-0 heading into the fourth inning.
In the fourth inning, the T-Bones tallied their third homerun of the game. Tucker Pennell crushed two-run homerun to left field, scoring Walters from first. Kansas City took a commanding 5-0 lead after four. Adrian Nieto tacked on an insurance run in the eighth inning with another homerun for the T-Bones.
James Buckelew, and the lights-out Kansas City bullpen combined for a 5-hit shutout against the team with the overall best record. Combined with an impressive hitting display, the T-Bones pieced together one of their most cohesive games of the season. Louis Mateo (3-2) pitched six innings, allowing four earned runs on seven runs. Mateo is credited as the losing pitcher.
With the win the T-Bones go to (13-10) while Sioux City drops to (19-6). The two teams will play game three of their four-game series with a special 11:05am start Wednesday at T-Bones Stadium. Hear all the action on the T-Bones Broadcast Network.
Individual tickets, season, group, mini-plans and nightly party suites are on sale now and can be purchased by visiting the Box Office at T-Bones Stadium or 24/7 at www.tbonesbaseball.com. Box office hours are 10:00 am to
4:00 pm Monday - Friday and 10:00 am to 2:00 pm Saturday. For additional information or interview requests, members of the media may contact the T-Bones Media Relations Department at (817) 739-3693. Stay tuned to www.tbonesbaseball.com. and the T-Bones Facebook and Twitter pages for updates throughout the season.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 13, 2018
- Dogs Strand Nine Men, Lose 3-1 - Chicago Dogs
- The Hero We Never Knew We Needed, Saints to Honor #MPRRACCOON by Changing Their Name to St. Paul Raccoons on June 26 - St. Paul Saints
- Pitchers Duel One Sided as Saints Lose to RedHawks 7-1 - St. Paul Saints
- Late Rally for T-Bones Isn't Enough - Kansas City T-Bones
- X's Hold on to Beat T-Bones, Win 20th - Sioux City Explorers
- Saltdogs Activate All-Star Infielder Cesar Valera - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Strong Pitching Nets Birds Win over Chicago - Sioux Falls Canaries
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Mr. 1000: Manager George Tsamis Reaches Historic Milestone in Saints 6-5 Come from Behind Victory - St. Paul Saints
- Brilliant Bullpen Guides Wingnuts to Comeback Win - Wichita Wingnuts
- Errors Doom Saltdogs in Texas - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Kansas City Shuts out Sioux City 6-0 - Kansas City T-Bones
- Railroaders Homer Thrice in Loss to Wichita - Cleburne Railroaders
- Four-Run Eighth Helps AirHogs to Comeback Win vs. Lincoln - Texas AirHogs
- Dogs Beat Canaries 6-5 in Wild Game at the Bird Cage - Chicago Dogs
- Birds Comeback Falls Short against Chicago - Sioux Falls Canaries
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.