Four-Run Eighth Helps AirHogs to Comeback Win vs. Lincoln
GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas - The Texas AirHogs scored four times in the eighth to come from behind for a 5-2 win vs. the Lincoln Saltdogs Tuesday evening at AirHogs Stadium.
Gan Quan got the start for Texas and made it his best of the season, limiting Lincoln to five hits and two runs (two earned). He would take a no-decision after striking out three and walking two. Austin Robichaux went six innings as the starter for the Saltdogs, allowing five hits and one run (one earned). He struck out nine while also taking a no-decision.
After falling behind 2-0 early, the AirHogs rallied in the sixth to cut the deficit in half. Dillon Thomas picked up an RBI there with a base hit to score Yang Jin. In the seventh, Texas loaded the bases only to hit into an inning-ending double play.
After an intentional walk to Stewart Ijames loaded the bases in the eighth, Luan Chenchen delivered with a two-RBI double down the right side to score Correlle Prime and Thomas and make it 3-2 AirHogs. Texas added two more runs later in the inning on the second error of the frame by Ivan Marin to run the lead to 5-2.
Jake Hohensee (0-1) took the loss for the Saltdogs after allowing all four runs in the eighth. Ran Song (1-0), who helped Qi Xin escape a sticky situation with a runner on third in the eighth, got the win. Taylor Wright earned his third save of the year by getting out of a bases loaded jam with a strikeout of Chase Simpson to end the game.
Texas (5-18) and Lincoln (15-10) meet again tomorrow at 7:05 p.m. RHP Sun Jianzeng (0-1, 6.41 ERA) is expected to start for the AirHogs. RHP Derek Gordon (2-0, 5.53 ERA) will start for the Saltdogs.
The AirHogs - powered by Beijing Shougang Eagles will take on Lincoln and Wichita as part of the seven-game homestand this week. Visit AirHogsBaseball.com for more information. For the latest news, follow the team on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram @TXAirHogs. Media inquiries: email@example.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 13, 2018
- Dogs Strand Nine Men, Lose 3-1 - Chicago Dogs
- The Hero We Never Knew We Needed, Saints to Honor #MPRRACCOON by Changing Their Name to St. Paul Raccoons on June 26 - St. Paul Saints
- Pitchers Duel One Sided as Saints Lose to RedHawks 7-1 - St. Paul Saints
- Late Rally for T-Bones Isn't Enough - Kansas City T-Bones
- X's Hold on to Beat T-Bones, Win 20th - Sioux City Explorers
- Saltdogs Activate All-Star Infielder Cesar Valera - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Strong Pitching Nets Birds Win over Chicago - Sioux Falls Canaries
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Mr. 1000: Manager George Tsamis Reaches Historic Milestone in Saints 6-5 Come from Behind Victory - St. Paul Saints
- Brilliant Bullpen Guides Wingnuts to Comeback Win - Wichita Wingnuts
- Errors Doom Saltdogs in Texas - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Kansas City Shuts out Sioux City 6-0 - Kansas City T-Bones
- Railroaders Homer Thrice in Loss to Wichita - Cleburne Railroaders
- Four-Run Eighth Helps AirHogs to Comeback Win vs. Lincoln - Texas AirHogs
- Dogs Beat Canaries 6-5 in Wild Game at the Bird Cage - Chicago Dogs
- Birds Comeback Falls Short against Chicago - Sioux Falls Canaries
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.