K-Wings Extend Qualifying Offers to Seven Players
KALAMAZOO, MI - The Kalamazoo Wings, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Vancouver Canucks, announced Wednesday the team extended qualifying offers to seven players, ahead of the league's June 30 deadline.
The K-Wings issued qualifying offers to forwards Kyle Blaney, Austin Farley, Boston Leier and Spencer Naas, as well as defensemen Tyler Ganly, Will Petschenig and Ben Wilson.
Each team is entitled to reserve rights to a maximum of eight players is not required to extend a qualifying offer to players who sign a contract prior to June 30.
The qualifying offer must remain open for acceptance until July 16 at which time the qualifying offer becomes null and void and the team may sign the qualified player to any salary or may elect to take no further action. Teams that extend a valid qualifying offer to a non-veteran player shall retain the rights to that qualified player for one playing season.
A team that extends a valid qualifying offer to a veteran player, such as Wilson, will retain the rights to that player until July 16. After July 16, if he is not signed to a contract, Wilson will be deemed a restricted free agent and shall be entitled to seek and secure offers of employment from other ECHL teams. Restricted free agents may not be traded. If Wilson receives a contract offer from another ECHL team and he wishes to accept the contract offer, the K-Wings would have seven days to match the contract offer.
If Wilson is not signed to either an offer sheet or a contract by an ECHL team by Aug. 1, the player shall be deemed an unrestricted free agent, per the rules for veteran players.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 1, 2020
- Americans Extend Qualifying Offers to Six Players - Allen Americans
- Thunder, Oilers Announce Affiliation Extension - Wichita Thunder
- Boudens, Roy Return to Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Komets
- Mavericks Sign Western Michigan Blueliner Luke Bafia - Kansas City Mavericks
- Admirals Extend Eight Qualifying Offers - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder Extends Eight Qualifying Offers - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Extend Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Kansas City Mavericks
- IceMen Extend Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Jacksonville IceMen
- Oilers Announce Three-Year Affiliation with Anaheim - Tulsa Oilers
- Nailers Extend Qualifying Offers to Six Players - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Announces Players with Qualifying Offers - ECHL
- Mariners Issue Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Maine Mariners
- K-Wings Extend Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Announce 2020 Qualifying Offers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Walleye Extend Qualifying Offers to Six Players from 2019-20 Season - Toledo Walleye
- Solar Bears Extend Qualifying Offers for 2020-21 Season - Orlando Solar Bears
- Swamp Rabbits Present Qualifying Offers to Seven - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Growlers Re-Sign Captain James Melindy - Newfoundland Growlers
- Thunder Extend Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Adirondack Thunder
- Stingrays Announce 8 Qualifying Offers - South Carolina Stingrays
- Goaltender Jake Theut Returns to Admirals for 2020-21 Season - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.