Admirals Extend Eight Qualifying Offers
NORFOLK, VA - The Norfolk Admirals, proud members of the ECHL, announced on Wednesday their qualifying offers to eight players for the upcoming 2020-21 season.
The list consists of four forwards, three defensemen and one goaltender.
Forwards (4): J.C. Campagna, Sebastian Vidmar, Cam Maclise and Sam Povorozniouk
Defensemen (3): Brycen Martin, Brayden Sherbinin, River Rymsha
Goaltender (1): Brandon Halverson
The Admirals have already announced four signings in Alex Tonge, Alex Rodriguez, Jakob Reichert and Jake Theut.
Each team was entitled to reserve the rights to a maximum of eight qualified players. Of the eight qualified players, no more than four could be veterans (260 regular season professional hockey games played as of the start of the upcoming 2020-21 season). Players on open qualifying offers cannot be traded.
The qualifying offer must remain open for acceptance until July 16 at which time the qualifying offer becomes null and void and the team may sign the qualified player to any salary or may elect to take no further action. Teams that extend a valid qualifying offer to a non-veteran player shall retain the rights to that qualified player for one playing season.
A team that extends a valid qualifying offer to a veteran player, or to a goaltender who has played more than 180 regular-season games, will retain the rights to that player until July 16. After July 16, if the veteran player or goaltender is not signed to a contract by the team, the player shall be deemed a restricted free agent and shall be entitled to seek and secure offers of employment from other ECHL teams. Restricted free agents may not be traded. When a restricted free agent receives a contract offer from a team other than the team with the player's rights and the restricted free agent wishes to accept the contract offer, the restricted free agent and the offering member must, within 24 hours, notify the ECHL, the team with the player's rights and the Professional Hockey Players' Association. The member with the player's rights shall have seven days after the date it is notified to exercise its right to match the contract offer.
If a restricted free agent is not signed to either an offer sheet or a contract by an ECHL team by Aug. 1, the player shall be deemed an unrestricted free agent.
2020-21 SEASON TICKETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE
The Admirals have introduced a new ticket program where season ticket holders will be able to enjoy the same great seats but will now have access to an interest free 12-month payment plan.
This program offers affordability with a new price option as low as $19 a month, new benefits and a billing process for the fans' convenience.
As a season-ticket holder you will never lose the value of your ticket and gain access to exclusive benefits such as the unused ticket redemption (excludes Economy level), interest free payment plan, 15% off merchandise, playoff protection, lounge access, pre-game briefing, exclusive events, single game ticket discounts, auxiliary board message and many more.
In addition, the first 300 people to secure their seats for the 2020-21 season will receive a voucher for free tax preparation services courtesy of our partners at Loyalty Brands. Click HERE to purchase your season tickets today! For additional questions, call 757-640-1212.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 1, 2020
- Americans Extend Qualifying Offers to Six Players - Allen Americans
- Thunder, Oilers Announce Affiliation Extension - Wichita Thunder
- Boudens, Roy Return to Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Komets
- Mavericks Sign Western Michigan Blueliner Luke Bafia - Kansas City Mavericks
- Admirals Extend Eight Qualifying Offers - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder Extends Eight Qualifying Offers - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Extend Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Kansas City Mavericks
- IceMen Extend Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Jacksonville IceMen
- Oilers Announce Three-Year Affiliation with Anaheim - Tulsa Oilers
- Nailers Extend Qualifying Offers to Six Players - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Announces Players with Qualifying Offers - ECHL
- Mariners Issue Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Maine Mariners
- K-Wings Extend Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Announce 2020 Qualifying Offers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Walleye Extend Qualifying Offers to Six Players from 2019-20 Season - Toledo Walleye
- Solar Bears Extend Qualifying Offers for 2020-21 Season - Orlando Solar Bears
- Swamp Rabbits Present Qualifying Offers to Seven - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Growlers Re-Sign Captain James Melindy - Newfoundland Growlers
- Thunder Extend Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Adirondack Thunder
- Stingrays Announce 8 Qualifying Offers - South Carolina Stingrays
- Goaltender Jake Theut Returns to Admirals for 2020-21 Season - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.