Mavericks Sign Western Michigan Blueliner Luke Bafia
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - The Kansas City Mavericks announced another rookie signing Wednesday afternoon, signing rookie defenseman Luke Bafia out of Western Michigan.
"Luke was a tremendous asset at Western Michigan," Mavericks Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Tad O'Had said, "He plays with jam and grit. He's willing to block shots and play on the edge.
"He was coached extremely well by Andy Murray at WMU and was a successful junior player," O'Had continued, "He's a tough, physical player with a team-first mentality. He breaks out pucks very well and has a heavy shot from the point. Our fans will love his rugged style of play."
Bafia, a six-foot-two 201-pound native of Parrish, Florida comes off of a strong senior year for the Broncos, compiling 11 points on one goal and 10 assists to go with a plus-10 plus-minus rating. The 24-year-old played junior hockey with the Green Bay Gamblers of the USHL and Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees of the NAHL.
The Kansas City Mavericks return to the ice this fall. The Mavericks will open the 2020-21 regular season against the Tulsa Oilers on Saturday, October 17 at 7:05 p.m. at Cable Dahmer Arena. The only way to reserve tickets to the Mavs home opener is with season tickets. To purchase season tickets, visit kcmavericks.com or call 816-252-7825.
Images from this story
Dfenseman Luke Bafia with Western Michigan
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 1, 2020
- Americans Extend Qualifying Offers to Six Players - Allen Americans
- Thunder, Oilers Announce Affiliation Extension - Wichita Thunder
- Boudens, Roy Return to Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Komets
- Mavericks Sign Western Michigan Blueliner Luke Bafia - Kansas City Mavericks
- Admirals Extend Eight Qualifying Offers - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder Extends Eight Qualifying Offers - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Extend Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Kansas City Mavericks
- IceMen Extend Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Jacksonville IceMen
- Oilers Announce Three-Year Affiliation with Anaheim - Tulsa Oilers
- Nailers Extend Qualifying Offers to Six Players - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Announces Players with Qualifying Offers - ECHL
- Mariners Issue Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Maine Mariners
- K-Wings Extend Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Announce 2020 Qualifying Offers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Walleye Extend Qualifying Offers to Six Players from 2019-20 Season - Toledo Walleye
- Solar Bears Extend Qualifying Offers for 2020-21 Season - Orlando Solar Bears
- Swamp Rabbits Present Qualifying Offers to Seven - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Growlers Re-Sign Captain James Melindy - Newfoundland Growlers
- Thunder Extend Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Adirondack Thunder
- Stingrays Announce 8 Qualifying Offers - South Carolina Stingrays
- Goaltender Jake Theut Returns to Admirals for 2020-21 Season - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.