Jenys and Vay Called Up
(RAPID CITY, SD) - The Iowa Wild, AHL affiliate of the Rapid City Rush, announced today that goaltender Adam Vay and forward Pavel Jenys have been called up to the Wild.
Vay leaves the Rush having appeared in a pair of games with the Wild this season. The 6'5", 227-pound net-minder saw his first career AHL games this season, going 0-1-1 with a 4.91 GAA and .868 SV%. With the Rush this year, Vay has backstopped 31 times, and registered a 12-15-1-1 record with a 3.35 GAA and .905 SV%. A native of Budapest, Hungary, Vay played his junior hockey with the El Paso Rhinos in the WSHL, and signed an NHL contract with the Minnesota Wild after representing his home country of Hungary in the 2016 IIHF World Championships.
Jenys heads back to the Wild having played in 4 games in the AHL this season. The 6'3", 205-pound forward scored his first career AHL goal in his first game with the team this season on January 17, 2018 in a 5-2 win against the Chicago Wolves at home. In his AHL career, all with Iowa over the last three seasons, Jenys has appeared in a dozen games with a goal and 3 assists for 4 points. Prior to turning pro, the Brno, Czech Republic native played 129 games in the OHL with the Niagara IceDogs and Sudbury Wolves, amassing 82 total points (30g-52ast), and was drafted by the Minnesota Wild in the 2014 NHL Draft (7th Rd-#199).
The Rush head back home for a trio of games against two different Mountain Division rivals, starting with a showdown against the Allen Americans on Wednesday night, March 14th. Puck drop at Premier Home Mortgage Ice in Rushmore Plaza Civic Center is slated for 7:05 p.m. MST.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 12, 2018
- Grizzlies Weekly - Utah Grizzlies
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Weekly Report - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - March 12 - ECHL
- Doornbosch Leaves the Game - Toledo Walleye
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Royals Back at Home for Two Games this Week - Reading Royals
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Goaltender Brittain Called up to San Antonio - Colorado Eagles
- Kelly Cup Comes to Reading for Game Saturday, March 17 - Reading Royals
- Ice Angel Randi Helping Others and Sharing Her Story - Allen Americans
- Jenys and Vay Called Up - Rapid City Rush
- Komets Collect Four Points for Week 22 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Gladiators Announce New Jerseys for Next Season, 2017-18 Auction Details - Atlanta Gladiators
- St. Patrick's Day Jerseys Highlights 3-In- 3 Game Weekend for Railers HC at DCU Center - Worcester Railers HC
- Yannick Tifu's #10 Retired on St. HatTrick's Day this Saturday, March 17 - Reading Royals
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavs Monday: Week 23 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Indy Completes Weekend Sweep with Victory in Toledo - Indy Fuel
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.