Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report
OVERALL RECORD: 27-24-11
LAST WEEK: 2-1-0
Wednesday, Mar. 7 - Tulsa 3, Rapid City 1 (Rushmore Plaza Center - Rapid City, SD) | Box Score
>> The Oilers finished off a four-game road trip with a 3-1 victory over Rapid City Wednesday in South Dakota. Alexandre Ranger gave Tulsa a 1-0 lead with a power play goal in the final minute of the opening period, and Adam Pleskach added a second power play goal in the second period to boost the lead to 2-0 entering the third. Peter Sivak spoiled Devin Williams' shutout bid with a third period goal with 7:48 to play, but Garrett Ladd buried a shot into an empty net to put the game away late.
Saturday, Mar. 10 - Tulsa 3, Wichita 0 (BOK Center - Tulsa, OK) | Box Score
>> In the first of two meetings with Wichita over the weekend at the BOK Center, Tulsa jumped out to a 1-0 lead in the first period, when Eric Drapluk fired a shot into the net from high in the slot. After a scoreless second period, Evan Richardson made it 2-0 early in the third when he finished off a setup pass from Roman Ammirato, who notched a pair of assists in his first pro game. Adam Pleskach completed the scoring midway through the frame, as Devin Williams stopped 23 shots in earning his league-leading fourth shutout of the season to cap off Alzheimer's Awareness Night in front of 12,754 fans.
Sunday, Mar. 11 - Wichita 4, Tulsa 1 (BOK Center - Tulsa, OK) | Box Score
>> Wichita responded with a dominant first period Saturday, outshooting the Oilers 15-2 and burying two goals in the opening frame. Ryan Tesink cut Tulsa's deficit to 2-1 with a second period tally that turned out to be the Oilers' only goal of the game. The Thunder capitalized on a turnover to open their lead back up to two goals before the second break, and increased the score to 4-1 early in the third period. Nick Riopel stopped 28 of 29 to pick up the win, while the Oilers saw their 6-game home point streak snapped.
THE WEEK AHEAD
Friday, Mar. 16 - Kansas City vs Tulsa, 7:05pm CT - BOK Center (Tulsa, OK)
Saturday, Mar. 17 - Tulsa AT Kansas City, 7:05pm - Silverstein Eye Centers Arena (Independence, MO)
- Devin Williams has started 14 straight games for the Oilers, going 7-3-2 in that span.
- Eric Drapluk has 4 goals in his last 3 home games.
- Roman Ammirato picked up two assists in his professional debut Saturday and added another Sunday.
- The Oilers 7-2-2 in their last 11 games.
- Tulsa's home point streak reached a season-high six games after Friday's 3-0 win.
- The Oilers have had 5 different 3-game winning streaks this season, but none have reached 4 games.
POINTS: 52 - Charlie Sampair
GOALS: 28 - Charlie Sampair (T-3rd in ECHL)
ASSISTS: 26 -Adam Pleskach
PLUS/MINUS: +7 - Tommy Vannelli*
PIMS: 239 - Kale Kessy** (2nd in ECHL)
PP GOALS: 6 - Garrett Ladd, Adam Pleskach
SH GOALS: 3 - Conner Bleackley*, Charlie Sampair (T-2nd in ECHL)
GW GOALS: 5 - Conner Bleackley*
SHOTS: 256 - Adam Pleskach (1st in ECHL)
WINS: 15 - Devin Williams
GAA: 2.53 - Devin Williams (13th in ECHL)
SAVE %: .923 - Devin Williams (5th in ECHL)
*Reassigned to AHL (San Antonio)
**Reassigned to AHL (Cleveland
POWER PLAY: Overall - 34/247 (13.8% - 24th in ECHL)
Last Week - 2/11 (18.2%)
PENALTY KILL: Overall - 206/247 (83.4%- 12th in ECHL)
Last Week - 11/11 (100%)
The Mountain Division playoff race is even tighter heading into the final four weeks of the regular season. While Colorado has already clinched a one of the four spots and Idaho looks certain to be the second team in, Wichita sits in third place with 70 points. The Thunder have 10 games remaining- 8 of which are on the road- and lead Allen by 4 points in the standings. The Americans have 12 games left on their schedule. Tulsa sits in fifth place with 10 games to play. The Oilers are 5 points behind Wichita and 1 point behind the Americans. Utah is within striking distance in sixth, just 4 points behind Allen with 11 games remaining.
ST. PATRICK'S NIGHT - FRIDAY, MARCH 16
The Oilers will celebrate St. Patrick's Day one day early Friday, when Tulsa hosts the Kansas City Mavericks at 7:05pm on the York Plumbing Ice at the BOK Center. Thanks to Midleton's Bar and Grill, the Oilers will wear special St. Patrick's Day jerseys, which will be auctioned off following the game.
Images from this story
Adam Pleskach and the Tulsa Oilers celebrate a goal
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 12, 2018
- Grizzlies Weekly - Utah Grizzlies
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Weekly Report - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - March 12 - ECHL
- Doornbosch Leaves the Game - Toledo Walleye
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Royals Back at Home for Two Games this Week - Reading Royals
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Goaltender Brittain Called up to San Antonio - Colorado Eagles
- Kelly Cup Comes to Reading for Game Saturday, March 17 - Reading Royals
- Ice Angel Randi Helping Others and Sharing Her Story - Allen Americans
- Jenys and Vay Called Up - Rapid City Rush
- Komets Collect Four Points for Week 22 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Gladiators Announce New Jerseys for Next Season, 2017-18 Auction Details - Atlanta Gladiators
- St. Patrick's Day Jerseys Highlights 3-In- 3 Game Weekend for Railers HC at DCU Center - Worcester Railers HC
- Yannick Tifu's #10 Retired on St. HatTrick's Day this Saturday, March 17 - Reading Royals
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavs Monday: Week 23 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Indy Completes Weekend Sweep with Victory in Toledo - Indy Fuel
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tulsa Oilers Stories
- Oil Drops: Oilers End Week with First Road Win Before Autism Awareness Night on Saturday
- Oilers Quiet Thunder 7-2 in First Road Win of Season
- Oilers Fall in First of Nine Matchups with Thunder
- Oilers Winning Streak Ended at Three by Red-Hot Americans
- Oil Drops: Oilers Look to Continue Momentum After Undefeated Week