Kelly Cup Comes to Reading for Game Saturday, March 17
Reading, PA - The Kelly Cup and ECHL Commissioner Emeritus Mr. Pat Kelly will be at the Reading Royals-Brampton Beast game this Sat., Mar. 17 at 7:00 p.m. Fans are invited to meet Mr. Kelly and have their picture taken with the Kelly Cup. Reading is set to retire Yannick Tifu's #10 to the Diamond Credit Union Wall of Honor in a pregame ceremony. Tifu was the Captain of the Royals in 2012-13 and the team won the 2013 Kelly Cup. Tickets are available here.
Fans can also meet the Kelly Cup Fri., Mar. 16 during Happy Hour 4:00-7:00 p.m. at Jimmy G's Beverley Hills Tavern on Old Fritztown Road. It's the 5th anniversary of the Royals winning the Cup.
Among other events at the game Saturday, Wrestling Legend Ted DiBiase the "Million Dollar Man" will be in attendance to take pictures and sign autographs. Fans can meet the Million Dollar Man during the first and second periods. Season ticket holders will have a special meet-and-greet with the Million Dollar Man from 5:45-6:30 p.m. at the game.
All fans are invited to stay after the game to partake in a special photo "recreation" of Tifu receiving the Kelly Cup from Mr. Kelly after Saturday's game.
Reading hosts a pair of home games this week and Fort Wayne is in town on Wed., Mar. 14 at 7:00 p.m. Stay after the game for a special postgame autograph session, presented by Rieck's Printing. It's the only chance to watch the Komets this season.
Upcoming Home Games
Special Olympics Night Fri., Mar. 23 vs. WOR at 7:00 p.m.
Postgame shake, shiver and freeze with the Royals to raise money for the Special Olympics and a Royals trading card set giveaway to the first 2,500 fans (Rieck's Printing).
Autism Awareness Night Sat., Mar. 24 vs. WOR at 7:00 p.m.
This is one of the best nights of the season for a wonderful cause. No goal horn and the Royals wear special autism awareness jerseys. Plus, a one-time-only giveaway: a puck with Head Coach Kirk MacDonald and Assistant Coach Pat Wellar.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 12, 2018
- Grizzlies Weekly - Utah Grizzlies
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Weekly Report - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - March 12 - ECHL
- Doornbosch Leaves the Game - Toledo Walleye
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Royals Back at Home for Two Games this Week - Reading Royals
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Goaltender Brittain Called up to San Antonio - Colorado Eagles
- Kelly Cup Comes to Reading for Game Saturday, March 17 - Reading Royals
- Ice Angel Randi Helping Others and Sharing Her Story - Allen Americans
- Jenys and Vay Called Up - Rapid City Rush
- Komets Collect Four Points for Week 22 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Gladiators Announce New Jerseys for Next Season, 2017-18 Auction Details - Atlanta Gladiators
- St. Patrick's Day Jerseys Highlights 3-In- 3 Game Weekend for Railers HC at DCU Center - Worcester Railers HC
- Yannick Tifu's #10 Retired on St. HatTrick's Day this Saturday, March 17 - Reading Royals
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavs Monday: Week 23 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Indy Completes Weekend Sweep with Victory in Toledo - Indy Fuel
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reading Royals Stories
- Matt Christine Named Royals Marketing Director
- F Chris McCarthy Signs PTO with Hershey Bears
- Season-Ending 18 Skinny Stats for 18 Seasons
- Royals End Regular Season on Six-Game Win Streak, 5-3, vs. Adirondack
- Swavely Returned on Loan Prior to Reading' Saturday Home Finale