Gladiators Announce New Jerseys for Next Season, 2017-18 Auction Details
DULUTH, Ga. - The Atlanta Gladiators announced Monday that the team will be wearing new home, road and third jerseys next season. In addition, the team will auctioning off this year's game-worn jerseys in three different types of auctions.
"We feel it's time to revamp team's on-ice look after 15 years with in the same uniforms," said Team President Scott Henrichsen. "We have such an unique identity and color scheme and we owe it to our loyal fan base to update our image to a fresher look without shying away from the tradition of the organization."
For the first time in the franchise's 15 year history, the team will don new redesigned home and road uniforms. The Gladiators will also have a new third jersey for the 2018-19 season. The current white and black jerseys worn during the entirety of the team's existence and the Bruins-inspired third uniform will no longer be worn after this season. The new jerseys for the 2018-19 campaign will be unveiled during the summer.
"We are really excited for the designs we have come up with for next year and think our fan base will really get behind the new jerseys," added Henrichsen. "Our Broadcaster and Director of Communications, Chris Treft along with our owner Toby Jeffreys worked really hard together to come up with a look that will be unique, yet traditional in the a Gladiators and hockey sense."
The last chance to own the current Gladiators game-worn uniforms will be done via three different forms of auctions throughout the remainder of the season. The black "home' jersey will be auctioned off in a silent auction starting at the March, 13th game vs. Idaho. Fans can place their bids in the main concourse at each home game from now until the conclusion of the game on Wednesday, March 28th. The white "road' jerseys will be auctioned off on the internet following the conclusion of the regular season and or playoffs. Lastly, fans can bid on the gold Bruins-inspired third jerseys in a live post-game "jerseys off the player's backs" auction directly following the game on Saturday, April 7th.
The Atlanta Gladiators 15th Anniversary season continues at the Infinite Energy Arena Tuesday, March 13th against the Idaho Steelheads at 7:05 PM. For ticket information, visit the official team website at www.atlantagladiators.com or call the main office line at 770-497-5100.
The Gladiators are members of the ECHL, the nation's premier "AA" hockey league. All home games are played at the 10,867-seat Infinite Energy Arena, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth - where parking is always free. The Gladiators have established an unrivaled commitment to excellence, maintaining a distinctive reputation for affordable and family-friendly sports entertainment and consistently ranked as one of the top "Things To Do" in the Atlanta area and across the North Georgia region.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 12, 2018
- Grizzlies Weekly - Utah Grizzlies
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Weekly Report - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - March 12 - ECHL
- Doornbosch Leaves the Game - Toledo Walleye
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Royals Back at Home for Two Games this Week - Reading Royals
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Goaltender Brittain Called up to San Antonio - Colorado Eagles
- Kelly Cup Comes to Reading for Game Saturday, March 17 - Reading Royals
- Ice Angel Randi Helping Others and Sharing Her Story - Allen Americans
- Jenys and Vay Called Up - Rapid City Rush
- Komets Collect Four Points for Week 22 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Gladiators Announce New Jerseys for Next Season, 2017-18 Auction Details - Atlanta Gladiators
- St. Patrick's Day Jerseys Highlights 3-In- 3 Game Weekend for Railers HC at DCU Center - Worcester Railers HC
- Yannick Tifu's #10 Retired on St. HatTrick's Day this Saturday, March 17 - Reading Royals
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavs Monday: Week 23 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Indy Completes Weekend Sweep with Victory in Toledo - Indy Fuel
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta Gladiators Stories
- Jerry James Promoted to Team President
- Glads Rally for Postseason Falls Just Short
- Predators Prospect Inks Deal with Atlanta
- South Carolina Survives with Home Victory Setting up Winner-Take-All Game Tomorrow
- Bonar Steals Crucial Point for Atlanta with Miraculous Performance in Net