Mavs Monday: Week 23
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - The Kansas City Mavericks went 1-0-2-0 last week, taking four of a possible six points in three games on the road against the Mountain Division's top two teams.
Here's a look back at last week and a look ahead at what is yet to come this week in Mavericks hockey.
Last Week's Results
Mavericks 4, Colorado Eagles 1 - Three Observations
Mavericks 2, Idaho Steelheads 3 (OT) - Three Observations
Mavericks 2, Steelheads 3 (OT) - Three Observations
This Week's Schedule
Mavericks at Tulsa Oilers (27-24-3-8) - Friday, 7:05 p.m.
Mavericks vs. Oilers - Saturday, 7:05 p.m. - Tickets
Mavericks vs. Quad City Mallards (20-37-3-1) - Sunday, 4:05 p.m. - Tickets
Central Division Standings
Toledo - 89 points - 42-15-3-2 (clinched playoffs)
Fort Wayne - 85 points - 41-16-2-1
Cincinnati - 70 points - 34-23-2-0
Kalamazoo - 64 points - 29-25-4-2
Kansas City - 64 points - 30-27-2-2
Indy - 63 points - 30-28-2-1
Quad City - 44 points - 20-37-3-1
Goals - Matt Robertson/Shawn Pauly (18), Mark Cooper (17)
Assists - Patch Alber (29), Bryce Aneloski (27), Mark Cooper (29)
Points - Mark Cooper (36), Matt Robertson/Patch Alber/Mike McMurtry (33)
Penalty Minutes - Tyler Elbrecht (144), Troy Donnay (72), Eric Freschi (71)
Save Percentage - Mavric Parks (.925), Tyler Parsons (.905), Adam Carlson (.896)
Goals Against Average - Mavric Parks (2.02), Adam Carlson (2.88), Tyler Parsons (3.06)
Four of Six
The Mavericks had a strong week last week, taking four of a possible six points on the road against the Mountain Division's top two teams - at Colorado on Wednesday and at Idaho on Friday and Saturday. Overall, KC has recorded at least one point in each of its last five games.
Pauly's Hat Trick
Shawn Pauly posted his second hat trick of the season on Wednesday at Colorado, lighting the lamp once in the first and twice in the third. His previous three-goal outing came on Nov. 14 against the Tulsa Oilers at the Mavericks' Kids Day Game, a contest in which he totaled a career-best four points (3G+1A). Pauly has claimed both hat tricks by the Mavericks this year.
The race for the final playoff spot in the Central Division remains tight as ever, the Mavericks and Kalamazoo Wings tied at 64 points and the Indy Fuel lurking just behind at 63. KC and Indy both have 11 games remaining, Kalamazoo has 12.
The Mavericks' magic number stands at 25 points. This number will decrease every time the Mavericks add a point to their total (W, OTL, SOL) and every time the next-closest team in the standings leaves points on the ice (L, OTL, SOL). For now, the Mavericks are watching the scores of the Kalamazoo Wings, who went 1-2-0-0 last week.
This Week's Promo Schedule
Saturday - Fan Appreciation Night - Tickets
A team photo giveaway of the initial Kansas City Mavericks highlights Fan Appreciation Night as the Mavericks say thank you to the best fans in the ECHL. The Mavs host the Tulsa Oilers on Saturday at 7:05 p.m. in yet another pivotal game as the ECHL regular season winds down.
Sunday - Racing Day - Tickets
Saturday is the annual Racing Day as the Mavericks take on the Quad City Mallards. A pregame car and truck show, presented by LMC Truck Parts and Accessories, will take place starting at noon and go until 4. A wiener dog race also highlight's the day's entertainment.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 12, 2018
- Grizzlies Weekly - Utah Grizzlies
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Weekly Report - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - March 12 - ECHL
- Doornbosch Leaves the Game - Toledo Walleye
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Royals Back at Home for Two Games this Week - Reading Royals
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Goaltender Brittain Called up to San Antonio - Colorado Eagles
- Kelly Cup Comes to Reading for Game Saturday, March 17 - Reading Royals
- Ice Angel Randi Helping Others and Sharing Her Story - Allen Americans
- Jenys and Vay Called Up - Rapid City Rush
- Komets Collect Four Points for Week 22 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Gladiators Announce New Jerseys for Next Season, 2017-18 Auction Details - Atlanta Gladiators
- St. Patrick's Day Jerseys Highlights 3-In- 3 Game Weekend for Railers HC at DCU Center - Worcester Railers HC
- Yannick Tifu's #10 Retired on St. HatTrick's Day this Saturday, March 17 - Reading Royals
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavs Monday: Week 23 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Indy Completes Weekend Sweep with Victory in Toledo - Indy Fuel
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Home Schedule
- Mavericks Trainer Nick Potter Wins ECHL Athletic Trainer of the Year Award
- Kansas City Mavericks Wrap up 10th Season with Return to the Playoffs
- Mavericks Eliminated in Game Seven Loss at Tulsa
- Mavericks Head to Game Seven After 4-2 Loss in Game Six at Tulsa