Doornbosch Leaves the Game
Toledo, OH - Newly acquired defenseman Jamie Doornbosch (dorn-bahsh) has decided to pursue avenues other than hockey and will not be joining the Walleye following his trade from Brampton last Thursday.
"It was a difficult decision for Jamie," said Head Coach Dan Watson. "At this time he felt it was better to start another career than continue playing. With the depth on our roster we will continue to persevere in our quest to bring a Kelly Cup Championship to the great fans of the Toledo Walleye."
As a result, the team has suspended the defenseman for the remainder of the season.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 12, 2018
- Grizzlies Weekly - Utah Grizzlies
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Weekly Report - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - March 12 - ECHL
- Doornbosch Leaves the Game - Toledo Walleye
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Royals Back at Home for Two Games this Week - Reading Royals
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Goaltender Brittain Called up to San Antonio - Colorado Eagles
- Kelly Cup Comes to Reading for Game Saturday, March 17 - Reading Royals
- Ice Angel Randi Helping Others and Sharing Her Story - Allen Americans
- Jenys and Vay Called Up - Rapid City Rush
- Komets Collect Four Points for Week 22 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Gladiators Announce New Jerseys for Next Season, 2017-18 Auction Details - Atlanta Gladiators
- St. Patrick's Day Jerseys Highlights 3-In- 3 Game Weekend for Railers HC at DCU Center - Worcester Railers HC
- Yannick Tifu's #10 Retired on St. HatTrick's Day this Saturday, March 17 - Reading Royals
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavs Monday: Week 23 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Indy Completes Weekend Sweep with Victory in Toledo - Indy Fuel
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.