Jam Complete Comeback to Win in OT
BAKERSFIELD, CA - The Bakersfield Jam (16-21) erased a 19-point second half deficit and defeated the Idaho Stampede (14-24) 108-103 in overtime. Cory Jefferson (20 points, 11 rebounds) and Xavier Munford (20 points, 11 assists) each recorded a double-double.
Bakersfield fell behind 34-20 at the end of the first period, allowing Idaho to shoot 62.5 percent in the quarter. The Jam outscored the Stampede in the second quarter 33-29, paced by Xavier Munford (8 points) and Joel Wright (7 points). Idaho went into the break with 63-53 advantage.
In the third quarter, the Stampede extended their lead to 19 but the Jam managed to cut it to eight (87-79) heading into the final frame. Bakersfield continued to fight back in the fourth and a Terrico White lay-up with 30.8 seconds left tied the game at 103 to force overtime.
The Jam outscored the Stampede 5-0 in overtime to earn the home victory.
In his Jam debut, Wright notched a double-double with 19 points and 10 rebounds off the bench. Renaldo Major (12) and Askia Booker (11) also scored in double-figures off the bench.
Idaho was paced by Jeff Ayers (24 points) and JJ O'Brien (22 points, 7 assists). Tibor Pleiss, on assignment from the Utah Jazz, had a double-double with 13 points and 16 rebounds.
Bakersfield returns to action on Wednesday when they travel to Santa Cruz for a match against the Warriors at 7:00 p.m. PT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 27, 2016
- D-Fenders Win 5th Straight, Beat Idaho - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- D-Fenders Win 5th Straight, Beat Idaho - Idaho Stampede
- RGV Vipers Complete Weekend Sweep of Texas Legends - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Skyforce Drop Claws 112-95 - Maine Celtics
- Tight Defense Helps the Iowa Energy Beat Grand Rapids, 94-74 - Grand Rapids Drive
- Andrew Harrison Leads Iowa Energy to Victory in Grand Rapids - Iowa Wolves
- Mychel Thompson Returns to Santa Cruz Warriors - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Blue Locks Down Spurs, 90-78 - Oklahoma City Blue
- Skyforce Acquire Jarnell Stokes - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Blue Acquires Dwight Buycks - Oklahoma City Blue
- Tim Frazier Returns to Maine Red Claws - Maine Celtics
- Jam Complete Comeback to Win in OT - Bakersfield Jam
- Santa Cruz Defeats Reno Bighorns - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Bighorns Fall to Warriors - Reno Bighorns
- Jam Complete Comeback to Win in OT - Idaho Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.