Bighorns Fall to Warriors
SANTA CRUZ, CA. - Despite Erick Green netting 36 points and two Bighorns logging double doubles, the Bighorns fell 121-115 to the Santa Cruz Warriors in a back-and-forth game Friday night at the Kaiser Permanente Arena in Santa Cruz, Ca.
Erick Green paced the Bighorns with 36 points, five rebounds and seven assists. Ricky Ledo totaled 21 points, five rebounds and five assists as David Stockton notched 15 points, seven rebounds and six assists. Reggie Hearn logged a double-double with 10 points and 11 rebounds while the Bighorns newest teammate, Gani Nawal, also logged a double-double with 11 points and 12 rebounds.
In the first quarter, Dukan led the Bighorns with six points and two rebounds as Akeem Richmond scored three points and grabbed two rebounds. Stockton added two points, two rebounds two assists and three steals.
Green led the Bighorns in the second quarter with 12 points and two assists. Stockton notched six points, three rebounds and three assists in the quarter while Gani Lawal scored nine points and added two rebounds. Ledo had four points and three assists in the second quarter. The Bighorns shot 61 percent from the field in the quarter compared to the Warriors shooting 51 percent from the field.
At the half, the Bighorns edged the Warriors with a 52-51 lead. The Bighorns and Warriors exchanged the lead 14 times in the first half.
During the third quarter, Green tallied 10 points and three assists while Ledo totaled eight points and three rebounds in the quarter. Reggie Hearn had seven points and four rebounds in the quarter. Cliff Hammonds netted four points and added three assists in the third. The lead was exchanged eight times in the quarter.
Green paced the Bighorns in the final quarter with 12 points and two rebounds. Ledo scored nine points in the quarter as Stockton notched five points.
The lead was exchanged a total of 23 times.
The Bighorns return to the Reno Events Center to once again face the Warriors at 7 P.M.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 27, 2016
- D-Fenders Win 5th Straight, Beat Idaho - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- D-Fenders Win 5th Straight, Beat Idaho - Idaho Stampede
- RGV Vipers Complete Weekend Sweep of Texas Legends - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Skyforce Drop Claws 112-95 - Maine Red Claws
- Tight Defense Helps the Iowa Energy Beat Grand Rapids, 94-74 - Grand Rapids Drive
- Andrew Harrison Leads Iowa Energy to Victory in Grand Rapids - Iowa Wolves
- Mychel Thompson Returns to Santa Cruz Warriors - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Blue Locks Down Spurs, 90-78 - Oklahoma City Blue
- Skyforce Acquire Jarnell Stokes - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Blue Acquires Dwight Buycks - Oklahoma City Blue
- Tim Frazier Returns to Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Jam Complete Comeback to Win in OT - Bakersfield Jam
- Santa Cruz Defeats Reno Bighorns - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Bighorns Fall to Warriors - Reno Bighorns
- Jam Complete Comeback to Win in OT - Idaho Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Bighorns Stories
- Bighorns Drop Western Conference Semifinals to Lakers
- Coach Martin to Donate One Thousand Tickets to Local Non-Profits for Tuesday's Playoff Game
- Reno Bighorns to Play in Western Conference Semifinals on April 3
- Statement from the Reno Bighorns and Sacramento Kings Regarding the Passing of Zeke Upshaw
- Bighorns Earn Pacific Division Title with Win over Warriors