Andrew Harrison Leads Iowa Energy to Victory in Grand Rapids
Grand Rapids, Mich. - The Iowa Energy (17-19) won 94-74 over the Grand Rapids Drive (17-19) at the DeltaPlex Arena Saturday night.
The Energy were led by Memphis Grizzlies drafts right player Andrew Harrison with 21 points, one rebound and four assists. Grizzlies assignee Jarell Martin added 18 points and six rebounds. Devin Ebanks led the Drive with 21 points and four rebounds.
It was a close start to the game between the Energy and Drive. Grand Rapids briefly opened up a five-point. Then the Energy and Drive would go on to tie three times and exchange the lead four times in the first. Patrick Christopher carried the Energy with eight points. Grand Rapids held a 28-26 lead heading into the second quarter. Harrison got hot in the second scoring eight points for 13 total first half points to help Iowa open up a 12-point lead. Iowa outscored Grand Rapids 24-14 in the second to hold a 50-42 halftime advantage. The Energy held the Drive to just 31.6 percent shooting in the first half.
The Energy continued to control the game in the third, extending their lead to 21 points. Martin carried the Energy in the third scoring eight of the Energy's 22 points. Iowa held a 72-59 lead going into the final quarter. Mid-way through the fourth, the Drive were able to cut the Energy's lead down to 10 points. Iowa responded with a couple of quick baskets to get the lead back to 20 points and cruised to a 94-74 victory. The Energy defense held the Drive to just 27.8 percent shooting. Iowa's bench outscored the Drive's bench 46-7 in the game.
The Energy continue with game two of four on the road Sunday afternoon in Fort Wayne at 4 p.m. Iowa returns home Sunday, March 6 for Faith and Family Night at 3 p.m.
2015-2016 single game tickets on sale now. Group tickets, flex packs and payment plans are available now. For more information, visit IowaNBA.com or contact the Energy at (515)-564-8550. For more information on the Energy, 'like' the Iowa Energy on Facebook or follow on Twitter (@iowaenergy).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 27, 2016
- D-Fenders Win 5th Straight, Beat Idaho - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- D-Fenders Win 5th Straight, Beat Idaho - Idaho Stampede
- RGV Vipers Complete Weekend Sweep of Texas Legends - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Skyforce Drop Claws 112-95 - Maine Celtics
- Tight Defense Helps the Iowa Energy Beat Grand Rapids, 94-74 - Grand Rapids Drive
- Andrew Harrison Leads Iowa Energy to Victory in Grand Rapids - Iowa Wolves
- Mychel Thompson Returns to Santa Cruz Warriors - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Blue Locks Down Spurs, 90-78 - Oklahoma City Blue
- Skyforce Acquire Jarnell Stokes - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Blue Acquires Dwight Buycks - Oklahoma City Blue
- Tim Frazier Returns to Maine Red Claws - Maine Celtics
- Jam Complete Comeback to Win in OT - Bakersfield Jam
- Santa Cruz Defeats Reno Bighorns - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Bighorns Fall to Warriors - Reno Bighorns
- Jam Complete Comeback to Win in OT - Idaho Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Iowa Wolves Release Innovative 2021-22 Season Schedule
- Iowa Wolves Complete Trade with Birmingham Squadron
- Jeff Newton Named Head Coach of Iowa Wolves
- Timberwolves Sign Nathan Knight and McKinley Wright IV to Two-Way Contracts
- Iowa Wolves Announce Guaranteed Home Dates for 2021-2022