Jacks Sign Goaltender Mike Mole
ODESSA, TX - The Odessa Jackalopes made a goaltender switch today, signing veteran Mike Mole and releasing Michel Robinson.
Mole, 28, comes to the Jackalopes after appearing in 34 games last season for the Central Hockey League's Colorado Eagles with a 3.34 GAA and a .894 SV%. The Moncton, New Brunswick native has played the majority of his career in the East Coast Hockey League, splitting time between the Utah Grizzlies, Pensacola Ice Pilots, Phoenix Roadrunners, and San Diego Gulls from 2005-09.
Mole has also appeared in 17 games at the American Hockey League level during his pro tenure, 16 with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers and one with the Lowell Lock Monsters.
Robinson, 28, made 21 appearances for the Jackalopes this year after starting the season with the CHL's Quad City Mallards. Robinson had a 6-10-4 record with the Jacks including a 3.40 GAA and a .900 SV%.
The Jackalopes host the Texas Brahmas on Tuesday at 7:05 PM CST.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-7825 or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 28, 2011
- Shots from the Point for February 28, 2011 - CHL
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Beausoleil Earns Player Of Week Honor - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavericks Weekly - Kansas City Mavericks
- Tulsa's Michel Beausoleil Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Bucks Host Amerks to Begin March - Laredo Bucks
- Big Weekend for Dayton Gems and Fans - Dayton Gems
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Update - Colorado Eagles
- Komets Get Ready for Busy March - Fort Wayne Komets
- Colorado Eagles Help Break Ground on Veterans Plaza - Colorado Eagles
- Thunder Drops Two Heartbreakers, Gains Two Points - Wichita Thunder
- Jacks Sign Goaltender Mike Mole - Odessa Jackalopes
- Dayton Gems: Weekend Review - Dayton Gems
- Sundogs to Visit Elementary Schools, Celebrate Read Across America Week - Arizona Sundogs
- Killer Bees Weekly - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Oilers Weekly - Tulsa Oilers
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Jackalopes Weekly Update - Odessa Jackalopes
- IceMen Weekly Notes - Evansville IceMen
- IceMen Weekly - Evansville IceMen
- PrairieThunder Clinches Franchise's First Playoff Spot - Bloomington PrairieThunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.