Jackalopes Weekly Update
ODESSA, TX - The Odessa Jackalopes picked up a pair or wins over the weekend and remain tied with Rio Grande Valley for sixth place in the CHL's Berry Conference, three points behind Mississippi. This week Odessa prepares for four games.
Last week's record: 2-0-0
Season overall: 22-24-6
Friday vs. Arizona, 4-3 (OT) Win
Arizona forced overtime after coming back from a 3-1 deficit, but Odessa's Mike Ramsay sealed the win in the extra frame. Ramsay finished with a goal and an assist in the contest.
Saturday vs. Arizona, 4-3 (OT) Win
The Sundogs forced overtime again after coming back from another 3-1 deficit, this time in the final three minutes of regulation. In overtime, Jeff Pierce was the hero for the Jackalopes. Sebastien Thinel and Mike Ramsay each had three point nights.
-- UPCOMING GAMES --
Tuesday vs. Texas, 7:05 PM CST
It's the eighth meeting of the season between the Jacks and Brahmas. Odessa is 2-5-1 this season against Texas. The Brahmas' forward line of Jason Deitch, Chad Woollard, and Greg Hogeboom is responsible for 45.1% of their offense against Odessa this year.
Friday vs. Tulsa, 7:05 PM CST
Saturday vs. Tulsa, 7:05 PM CST
It's the first meeting between the Oilers and Odessa since December 19th, when Tulsa won 3-2 in overtime. Tulsa is currently third in the Berry Conference, 10 points ahead of the Jacks.
Sunday at Allen, 2:00 PM CST
Odessa and Allen hook-up for the sixth time this season. Four of the previous five meetings between the two teams have been decided by one goal, with Allen winning all of those contests. Allen holds the CHL's best record of 38-11-2.
NOTES FOR THE WEEK
Mike Ramsay and Sebastien Thinel are both on seven-game point streaks.Since returning after missing three games, Todd Robinson has tallied four points (three goals, one assist) in two games for the Jacks.Thinel (81 points) is now five points ahead of Colorado's Riley Nelson (76 points) for the CHL's scoring lead - two seasons ago Thinel and Nelson went head-to-head for the league's scoring title and MVP award.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-7825 or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 28, 2011
- Shots from the Point for February 28, 2011 - CHL
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Beausoleil Earns Player Of Week Honor - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavericks Weekly - Kansas City Mavericks
- Tulsa's Michel Beausoleil Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Bucks Host Amerks to Begin March - Laredo Bucks
- Big Weekend for Dayton Gems and Fans - Dayton Gems
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Update - Colorado Eagles
- Komets Get Ready for Busy March - Fort Wayne Komets
- Colorado Eagles Help Break Ground on Veterans Plaza - Colorado Eagles
- Thunder Drops Two Heartbreakers, Gains Two Points - Wichita Thunder
- Jacks Sign Goaltender Mike Mole - Odessa Jackalopes
- Dayton Gems: Weekend Review - Dayton Gems
- Sundogs to Visit Elementary Schools, Celebrate Read Across America Week - Arizona Sundogs
- Killer Bees Weekly - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Oilers Weekly - Tulsa Oilers
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Jackalopes Weekly Update - Odessa Jackalopes
- IceMen Weekly Notes - Evansville IceMen
- IceMen Weekly - Evansville IceMen
- PrairieThunder Clinches Franchise's First Playoff Spot - Bloomington PrairieThunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.