Jacks Edged in Overtime by Allen, 6-5
ALLEN, TX - Colton Yellow Horn's hat-trick goal also proved to be the game-winner 35 seconds into overtime as the Allen Americans (34-8-5) edged the Odessa Jackalopes (20-22-6) by a 6-5 final on Saturday night at the Allen Event Center. With the win Allen sweeps the weekend set against the visiting Jackalopes.
Mike Ramsay blasted a slap shot from the top of the Allen zone to force the extra frame with 3:08 remaining in the contest for his second goal of the contest and 24th overall.
Allen jumped out to a 1-0 lead when Nino Musitelli scored 35 seconds into the start of the game from the front of the net. Ramsay's first goal of the game came on the power play at 8:30 of the first period to tie the game.
In the period two both teams combined for five goals as Odessa jumped out to a 4-3 lead after Phil Plante scored a pair of power play goals, plus a strike from Kenny Corupe. Allen kept it a one-goal game as Yellow Horn added a power play tally with nine seconds remaining in the frame. Liam Huculak also scored for Allen.
In the third Allen pulled ahead with back to back goals by David Strathman and Yellow Horn's second of the game before Ramsay tied it.
The loss leaves Odessa 1-7-1 in their last nine games. In five total meetings this season between the Jacks and Americans, four of the contests have been decided by one-goal with Allen winning all four of those games.
Michel Robinson stopped 39 shots in the loss for Odessa. Scott Campbell had a 27-save performance for Allen.
The Jackalopes continue their road trip and they venture to Prescott Valley, AZ to face the Sundogs on Tuesday, only to travel back to Fort Worth, TX for a Friday meeting against the Brahmas. Tuesday's game is schedule for an 8:05 PM CST start. The action can be heard on Classic Rock 102.1 FM.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-7825 or visiting jackalopes.org.
Follow the Jackalopes all year long on Facebook and Twitter -- Twitter.com/ODEJackalopes.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 12, 2011
- Mavs Earn Point in OT Loss to Colorado - Kansas City Mavericks
- Sundogs Come Up Short in 4-2 Loss to Rush - Arizona Sundogs
- Eagles Turn Tables on Mavs With OT Win of Their Own - Colorado Eagles
- Yellow Horn, Americans Jack Up Odessa 6-5 In Ot - Allen Americans
- Evansville Drops Mallards 5-1 - Quad City Mallards
- Jacks Edged in Overtime by Allen, 6-5 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Brahmas Get It Done In OT, Win 4-3 - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Brahmas Score Overtime Goal To Beat Bees - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Oilers Stop RiverKings in Overtime - Mississippi RiverKings
- Mudbugs Blank Bucks, Sweep Weekend Series - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- PrairieThunder Loses 4-3 in Overtime at Wichita - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Late Magic Lifts Thunder in OT - Wichita Thunder
- Bucks Shut Out By Bugs, 5-0 - Laredo Bucks
- Fort Wayne shuts down Gems, 2-0 - Dayton Gems
- Fans Encouraged to Arrive Early Tonight - Laredo Bucks
- Game Day - RiverKings at Tulsa - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Host 'Bugs, Pucks Tonight - Laredo Bucks
- Rush Celebrate Pink at the Rink with 4-2 Win Over Sundogs - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.