ODESSA, TX - The Odessa Jackalopes have started to climb out of their early season slump to win their last three games, and now prepare for three games this week - one at home against Texas and a two-game set at Rapid City.
Last week's record: 3-0-0
Overall record: 5-9-1
Tuesday vs. Rio Grande Valley, 6-3 Win
Dominic Leveille, Sebastien Thinel, and Todd Robinson each had four-point games against the Killer Bees as the Jackalopes snapped their six-game winless streak. Joel Martin made 26 saves to pick up his 150th career win.
Thursday vs. Wichita, 6-2 Win
Kenny Corupe, Mike Ramsay, and Sebastien Thinel each tallied three-point nights against the Thunder. Joel Martin stopped 29 shots for the Jackalopes. Kenny Bernard also added a pair of assists for Odessa. Ramsay and Thinel finished with two goals each.
Saturday at Allen, 5-1 Win
Five different players scored for the Jackalopes for their third straight win. Mike Lesperance and Todd Robinson each scored shorthanded goals for Odessa - Robinson's was an empty-net goal. The Odessa penalty kill held the Americans to just one goal on eight man-advantage opportunities.
-- UPCOMING GAMES --
Tuesday vs. Texas, 7:05 PM CST
It's the second of eight meetings this season between the Jackalopes and Brahmas. Texas won the first contest, 4-1, just over a week ago in North Richland Hills, TX. Chad Woollard, Greg Hogeboom, and Mick Lawrence each lead the Brahmas with 11 points this year.
Friday at Rapid City, 9:05 PM CST
Saturday at Rapid City, 8:05 PM CST
It's the first of five meetings this year between Odessa and the defending Presidents' Cup Champion Rush. Last season the teams met four times with both clubs winning twice in the series. The home team won every game last year between Odessa and Rapid City. Friday's game has been pushed back an hour due to a local event in Rapid City.
NOTES FOR THE WEEK
Sebastien Thinel and Mike Ramsay are currently on five-game point streaks - Thinel has 11 points (four goals, seven assists) and Ramsay has seven points (five goals, two assists) over that span.Odessa's six goal games vs. RGV and WIC were their largest outputs of the year.Odessa's game vs. ALN closed a run of six games in nine days.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in it's 14th season in the Permian Basin. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 22, 2010
- Bucks Snap Losing Streak - Laredo Bucks
- Bucks Drop Killer Bees in Laredo - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Shots from the Point - CHL
- Mavericks Weekly - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mavericks Announce Black Friday Promotions - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Odessa's Sebastien Thinel Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Special Offer: Donate Food and Save $6 Per Ticket - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Gems Announce Special Ticket Packages - Dayton Gems
- Historic Week - Tulsa Oilers
- RiverKings Black Friday Ticket Frenzy - Mississippi RiverKings
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Update - Colorado Eagles
- Arizona Sundogs Coaches Show Returns Tomorrow from 5:00-7:00pm - Arizona Sundogs
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- RiverKings Weekly - Mississippi RiverKings
- Thunder Drops Two on Road - Wichita Thunder
- Komets Home for Two this Thanksgiving Weekend - Fort Wayne Komets
- Gems Weekly - Dayton Gems
- Bucks End Home Stand Tonight - Laredo Bucks
- Killer Bees' Gendur Recalled to AHL, Kharin Waived - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Opening Act Announced for ZZ Top Concert - Odessa Jackalopes
- Jackalopes Weekly - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.