Jackalopes Snap Skid with 4-2 Win over Laredo
ODESSA, TX - Sebastien Thinel recorded the 600th point of his pro career, while Dominic Leveille and Todd Robinson each tallied three-point nights to power to the Odessa Jackalopes to a 4-2 win over the Laredo Bucks on Saturday night at the Ector County Coliseum.
Thinel's milestone point came on an assist of Todd Robinson's first period goal. Robinson's marker was the only goal scored in the opening period, and was his first of the season.
Both teams traded goals in the second frame as Thinel scored a goal of his own just 2:37 into the period for a 2-0, Odessa lead. Chris Korchinski answered for Laredo midway through with a wrist shot from the left circle that crossed the goal line, but bounced back out of the net and needed to be reviewed by officials before the Bucks were credited for the goal. Daniel Koger then tied the game for the Bucks at 2-2 nearly four minutes later on assists from Neil Trimm and Serge Dube.
Dominic Leveille picked up his first goal of the season with less than three minutes remaining in the second period on a give-and-go play with Robinson up the right side of the offensive zone. Leveille's wrist shot between the circles was also assisted by Kenny Bernard and gave Odessa a 3-2 lead heading into the break.
Mike Ramsay scored the third period's only goal, just 93 seconds in, with a no-look backhand shot from the front of the goal crease. Bernard recorded his second assist of the game on the play.
The win snapped a three-game losing streak for the Jackalopes, who improve to 2-4-0 on the season. Laredo dropped to 2-2-0 in the loss.
Joel Martin turned aside 31 shots for the Jackalopes to pick up his first win of the season. Pier Pelletier also had 31 stops for the Bucks in the loss.
Robinson and Leveille both finished the game with a goal and two assists for Odessa.
The Jackalopes now travel to Laredo for the final contest of their three-game set against the Bucks on Tuesday. Game time is slated for 7:00 PM CST and the action can be heard on Classic Rock 102.1 FM.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team will begin its 14th season in the Permian Basin in October 2010. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from October 30, 2010
- Mallards Rally Past Evansville in Overtime - Quad City Mallards
- Jackalopes Snap Skid with 4-2 Win over Laredo - Odessa Jackalopes
- Mavs lose to Mudbugs, 2-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Bucks Spooked in Odessa, Fall 4-2 - Laredo Bucks
- Pagliero, Killer Bees Shut Out RiverKings - Mississippi RiverKings
- DeCaro Stones Mavs as Bugs Increase Win Streak to Four - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Dayton Gems Hand PrairieThunder Their First Loss of the Season - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Magers, Thunder Stop Oilers - Wichita Thunder
- Pagliero Turns Away 40 In Bees' Win - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Gems Win Third Straight - Dayton Gems
- Sundogs Add Labelle, Waive Watson - Arizona Sundogs
- RiverKings Slug Past Missouri - Mississippi RiverKings
- Rush Drop First Rematch of '10 Finals, 6-4 to Americans - Rapid City Rush
- Sundogs Retire Former Player and Current Assistant Coach Chris Bartolone's No. 29 - Arizona Sundogs
- Brahmas Hand Sundogs 5-3 Loss with Three-Goal Third Period - Arizona Sundogs
- Brahmas Down 'Dogs in 5-3 Win - Fort Worth Brahmas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.