Isotopes Split Twin Bill in Omaha
PAPILLION, Neb. -- Brett Hayes launched a two-run home run in the sixth inning to lead the Omaha Storm Chasers to a 2-1 victory Wednesday in the second game of a doubleheader, ending the Albuquerque Isotopes' winning streak at seven games.
The Isotopes (41-33) won the first game of the twin bill, 11-3, scoring nine runs in the third inning.
Rusty Ryal was a combined 4-for-7 with three RBIs and three runs scored on the afternoon. Tony Gwynn, Jr. also went a combined 4-for-7 with an RBI and two runs score. Brian Barden had a hit in each game, extending his hitting streak to 15 games.
In Game One, starting pitcher Matt Magill allowed single runs in the first and second innings.
The Topes answered by sending 13 men to the plate in the third inning. Gwynn singled home a run, Rusty Ryal singled home two, Chili Buss doubled in a run, Matt Angle's double scored two runs, Brian Barden's single plated a run, and Barden scored on a wild pitch to cap the inning.
Geison Aguasviva (4-3) pitched 3 2/3 innings of relief, allowing just one unearned run to get the victory. Kelvin De La Cruz recorded the final four outs.
In Game Two, Ryal hit a solo home run in the second inning for a 1-0 lead. Pitcher Sean White, making his first start since May 7, fired four scoreless innings. Red Patterson pitched a scoreless fifth, and it was still 1-0 entering the sixth.
Josh Wall issued a one-out walk to Anthony Seratelli, then Hayes' crushed the first pitch for his eighth home run of the season. Will Smith pitched the final two innings to get the victory.
Game four of the five-game series is Thursday. Rob Rasmussen will make his third start at Triple-A for the Isotopes. Omaha will have left-hander Danny Duffy making a major-league rehab start for the Kansas City Royals. First pitch is at 6:05 Mountain Time. All the action can be heard on AM 610 "The Sports Animal" with Josh Suchon on the call.
Tickets are on sale now at the Isotopes Park Box Office, at Ticketmaster outlets, through Ticketmaster by phone at (800) 745-3000, or online at www.abqisotopes.com or www.ticketmaster.com. For information, please call (505) 924-2255.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 19, 2013
- Z's Win on Skipworth's Walk-Off Grand Slam in Ninth - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Skipworth's Slam Sinks RedHawks, 4-3 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Snap Six-Game Losing Skid with 9-4 Win in Round Rock - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Split Doubleheader in Iowa - Nashville Sounds
- Sky Sox Allow 16 Hits in 16-4 Loss to the Rainiers - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Hayes' Late Homer Salvages Twin Bill Split - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Rainiers Crush Colorado Springs, 16-4 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Isotopes Split Twin Bill in Omaha - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Triple-A All-Star FanFest Comes to Reno July 14-15 - Reno Aces
- Bees' June 21 Game to Feature Food Challenge with Kobayashi - Salt Lake Bees
- RedHawks vs. Zephyrs - Game Notes - June 19, 2013 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Omaha Storm Chasers June 19th Game Notes - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Kyle Fleming Celebrates Home Run For Life at June 22 RedHawks Game - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Easley Slams Aces to Walk Off Win - Reno Aces
- Anna's Triple Lifts Tucson to 5-2 Victory - Tucson Padres
- River Cats Blanked by Bees, 10-0 - Sacramento River Cats
- Chris Volstad's Strong Outing Leads Colorado Springs over Tacoma - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Struggling Storm Chasers Fall to Topes - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Rainiers Drop Opener At Colorado Springs, 4-1 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Express Blows out Redbirds in Series Opener 9-2 - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Albuquerque Isotopes Stories
- Minor League Baseball Reveals Mariachis de Nuevo MeÌxico Winner of its Copa de la DiversioÌn Season-Long Event Series Competition
- Albuquerque Isotopes and BUSH'S Beans to Donate to Locker #505 on Giving Tuesday
- Isotopes, Rockies to Play 2019 Exhibition Game at Isotopes Park
- Isotopes Receive Minor League Baseball's Highest Honor
- Tigres and Santos to Meet at Isotopes Park in Liga MX