Easley Slams Aces to Walk Off Win
Reno, Nev. - Ed Easley had a pinch hit grand slam in the bottom of the ninth on Tuesday night, pushing the Reno Aces to a 14-10 walk-off victory over the Fresno Grizzlies at Aces Ballpark.
Reno entered the frame down 10-9, before Tony Campana doubled to plate Tuffy Gosewisch. Fresno reliever Dan Runzler intentionally walked Chris Owings, loading the bases with just one out, and setting the scene for Easley's grand slam.
The dramatic game saw five lead changes, with Reno up 9-8 in the seventh before Brett Pill's two-RBI double pulled Fresno ahead in the eighth.
The contest, which lasted four hours and sixteen minutes, was the longest nine-inning game in Reno franchise history.
At the plate for Reno, Mike Jacobs recorded his first multi-homer game of the season, going yard in his first two at bats of the game. The slugger went 3-for-4 on the night with four RBI and three runs scored. Chris Owings also recorded four RBI, going 2-for-5 with a run scored.
Easley's homer marked the first pinch hit home run of the season, and Reno's second grand slam in the last three games.
Reno reliever Evan Marshall was charged with a blown save, but credited with the win. He allowed both of his inherited runners score in the eighth, before working a scoreless ninth.
The series continues Wednesday night at Aces Ballpark. LHP Tyler Skaggs (4-5, 4.92 ERA) gets the nod for Reno, while the Grizzlies will counter with RHP Fabio Castillo (0-3, 6.88 ERA). First pitch is set for 7:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 19, 2013
- Z's Win on Skipworth's Walk-Off Grand Slam in Ninth - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Skipworth's Slam Sinks RedHawks, 4-3 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Snap Six-Game Losing Skid with 9-4 Win in Round Rock - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Split Doubleheader in Iowa - Nashville Sounds
- Sky Sox Allow 16 Hits in 16-4 Loss to the Rainiers - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Hayes' Late Homer Salvages Twin Bill Split - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Rainiers Crush Colorado Springs, 16-4 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Isotopes Split Twin Bill in Omaha - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Triple-A All-Star FanFest Comes to Reno July 14-15 - Reno Aces
- Bees' June 21 Game to Feature Food Challenge with Kobayashi - Salt Lake Bees
- RedHawks vs. Zephyrs - Game Notes - June 19, 2013 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Omaha Storm Chasers June 19th Game Notes - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Kyle Fleming Celebrates Home Run For Life at June 22 RedHawks Game - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Easley Slams Aces to Walk Off Win - Reno Aces
- Anna's Triple Lifts Tucson to 5-2 Victory - Tucson Padres
- River Cats Blanked by Bees, 10-0 - Sacramento River Cats
- Chris Volstad's Strong Outing Leads Colorado Springs over Tacoma - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Struggling Storm Chasers Fall to Topes - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Rainiers Drop Opener At Colorado Springs, 4-1 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Express Blows out Redbirds in Series Opener 9-2 - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- Greater Nevada Field to Host Free Wolf Pack Sweet 16 Watch Party
- Greater Nevada Field to Introduce New Safety Procedures in 2018
- Aces to Host Free Party, March 9, at Greater Nevada Field
- Gncu, Aces Award Getaway Trip to Spring Training 2018
- Aces, 1868 FC to Host National Anthem Auditions