Inter Miami CF Academy Graduate Noah Allen Called up to U.S. U-20 Men's Youth National Team
Inter Miami CF Academy graduate Noah Allen has been called up to the U.S. U-20 Men's Youth National Team camp at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida. The defender is one of 26 players called into the team's first camp of 2022.
Players born on or after Jan. 1, 2003 are eligible for the 2023 U-20 World Cup cycle. The roster features 13 players born in 2003, 10 born in 2004 and three born in 2005.
The training camp will run from Jan. 24 to Feb. 2 at IMG Academy and see the team continue preparations for this summer's Concacaf U-20 Championship, which will serve as qualification to the 2023 FIFA U-20 World Cup and the 2024 Summer Olympics. It will also be held in accordance with U.S. Soccer's comprehensive Return to Play protocols.
Allen, 17, featured for the club's lower division side Fort Lauderdale CF in 2021, where he excelled and was voted USL League One Young Player of the Year. He was a constant in Fort Lauderdale's lineup throughout the season, leading the side with 2,430 minutes of action as one of four players to top 2,000 minutes in the regular season. He was a standout in that time, ranking second on the team with 35 interceptions while winning 34 of 44 tackles - a 77.3 percent success rate - at the defensive end. In attack, he finished second on the team with 28 key passes - 17 of which came from open play - and notched his first two assists in the professional ranks.
The call-up marks another step at the international level for Allen, who has previously been called up to a U.S. U-15 Men's Youth National Team camp.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 24, 2022
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: January 24, 2022 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Two Additional Sounders FC Players Called up for 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers - Seattle Sounders FC
- Chivas vs. Club Leon Match Rescheduled for March 26 - San Jose Earthquakes
- D.C. United Acquire Defender Hayden Sargis - D.C. United
- Titi: 'When the Team Gets Some Confidence, I Think We Will Do Really Well' - Charlotte FC
- Kaye, Acosta Called up to Final World Cup Qualifiers Squads - Colorado Rapids
- Colorado Rapids' 2022 Preseason to Feature Exhibition Games with Sporting KC, Houston Dynamo in Desert Showcase - Colorado Rapids
- Alistair Johnston, Kamal Miller and Samuel Piette Called up by Canada - Club de Foot Montreal
- Inter Miami CF Transfers Nicolás Figal to Club Atlético Boca Juniors - Inter Miami CF
- Columbus Crew Acquires Defender Milos Degenek - Columbus Crew SC
- Sporting KC Signs Winger Marinos Tzionis - Sporting Kansas City
- Up Next: Two-Fixture Preseason Week - Inter Miami CF
- Inter Miami CF Academy Graduate Noah Allen Called up to U.S. U-20 Men's Youth National Team - Inter Miami CF
- Javier Casas Jr. and Brian Gutiérrez Called to U.S. U-20 Men's Youth National Team - Chicago Fire FC
- LA Galaxy Defender Marcus Ferkranus and LA Galaxy Academy Goalkeeper KyMani Dade Named to U.S. U-20 Men's Youth National Team - LA Galaxy
- Charlotte FC Defender Christian Makoun Receives Venezuelan National Team Call-Up - Charlotte FC
- Caleb Wiley Called up to United States Under-20 Men's Youth National Team for Training Camp - Atlanta United FC
- Dante Sealy, Antonio Carrera Called up to U.S. U-20 National Team for January Camp - FC Dallas
- Austin FC Signs Norwegian International Defender Ruben Gabrielsen - Austin FC
- Inter Miami CF Acquires International Roster Slot from Austin FC - Inter Miami CF
- Orlando City SC Acquires Uruguayan Forward Facundo Torres - Orlando City SC
- Žan Kolmanič, Rodney Redes, and Jhohan Romaña Obtain Green Cards - Austin FC
- Charlotte FC Names Katie Witham as Sideline Reporter for English-Language Television Coverage - Charlotte FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inter Miami CF Stories
- Lowe and Callender Named to MLS Team of the Week
- Inter Miami CF to Host FC Barcelona at DRV PNK Stadium on July 19
- Callender: Ã¢ÂÂI Really Think We Have a Group That Is Going to Go the DistanceÃ¢ÂÂ
- Inter Miami CF Earns Point on the Road against Philadelphia Union
- Ronaldinho and Roberto Carlos Announce Initial Roster Selections for the Beautiful Game Event Set for DRV PNK Stadium on June 18