Inter Miami CF Transfers Nicolás Figal to Club Atlético Boca Juniors
Inter Miami CF announced today that it has transferred defender Nicolás Figal on a permanent deal to Club Atlético Boca Juniors.
"We would like to thank Nico for his contributions to the club in its first two seasons and wish him well in his desired return to his home country. This transaction gives us roster and salary cap flexibility ahead of our 2022 MLS campaign. We're confident the team we're building will help us achieve our goals moving forward," said Chief Soccer Officer and Sporting Director Chris Henderson.
Figal signed for Inter Miami in January 2020 ahead of its inaugural season, going on to start in the team's first match in club history. In his two seasons with the team, he made 45 regular season appearances, 44 of them starts, totalling 3,759 minutes and registering one goal and two assists in the process. He also started and played the full 90 minutes in the team's 2020 playoff match.
The Argentina native will return to his home country, where he spent the entirety of his career before joining Inter Miami, featuring for Club Atlético Independiente and Club Olimpo over the course of five years.
Inter Miami fans can join The Heartbeat of the club and secure their seats for the 2022 campaign by becoming Season Ticket Members. Season Ticket Members receive the best prices and priority seating locations for all 2022 home matches. Additional benefits include priority access to home playoff matches, interest free payment options, and discounts on season parking passes. For more information on Season Ticket Memberships, please visit intermiamicf.com/tickets.
Individual match tickets for each of the 17 regular season home matches on the Inter Miami CF schedule - beginning with the highly anticipated home opener on Saturday, February 26 are available visiting https://www.intermiamicf.com/tickets/single. Fans can also call 305-428-0611 to learn more.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 24, 2022
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: January 24, 2022 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Two Additional Sounders FC Players Called up for 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers - Seattle Sounders FC
- Chivas vs. Club Leon Match Rescheduled for March 26 - San Jose Earthquakes
- D.C. United Acquire Defender Hayden Sargis - D.C. United
- Titi: 'When the Team Gets Some Confidence, I Think We Will Do Really Well' - Charlotte FC
- Kaye, Acosta Called up to Final World Cup Qualifiers Squads - Colorado Rapids
- Colorado Rapids' 2022 Preseason to Feature Exhibition Games with Sporting KC, Houston Dynamo in Desert Showcase - Colorado Rapids
- Alistair Johnston, Kamal Miller and Samuel Piette Called up by Canada - Club de Foot Montreal
- Inter Miami CF Transfers Nicolás Figal to Club Atlético Boca Juniors - Inter Miami CF
- Columbus Crew Acquires Defender Milos Degenek - Columbus Crew SC
- Sporting KC Signs Winger Marinos Tzionis - Sporting Kansas City
- Up Next: Two-Fixture Preseason Week - Inter Miami CF
- Inter Miami CF Academy Graduate Noah Allen Called up to U.S. U-20 Men's Youth National Team - Inter Miami CF
- Javier Casas Jr. and Brian Gutiérrez Called to U.S. U-20 Men's Youth National Team - Chicago Fire FC
- LA Galaxy Defender Marcus Ferkranus and LA Galaxy Academy Goalkeeper KyMani Dade Named to U.S. U-20 Men's Youth National Team - LA Galaxy
- Charlotte FC Defender Christian Makoun Receives Venezuelan National Team Call-Up - Charlotte FC
- Caleb Wiley Called up to United States Under-20 Men's Youth National Team for Training Camp - Atlanta United FC
- Dante Sealy, Antonio Carrera Called up to U.S. U-20 National Team for January Camp - FC Dallas
- Austin FC Signs Norwegian International Defender Ruben Gabrielsen - Austin FC
- Inter Miami CF Acquires International Roster Slot from Austin FC - Inter Miami CF
- Orlando City SC Acquires Uruguayan Forward Facundo Torres - Orlando City SC
- Žan Kolmanič, Rodney Redes, and Jhohan Romaña Obtain Green Cards - Austin FC
- Charlotte FC Names Katie Witham as Sideline Reporter for English-Language Television Coverage - Charlotte FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inter Miami CF Stories
- Lowe and Callender Named to MLS Team of the Week
- Inter Miami CF to Host FC Barcelona at DRV PNK Stadium on July 19
- Callender: Ã¢ÂÂI Really Think We Have a Group That Is Going to Go the DistanceÃ¢ÂÂ
- Inter Miami CF Earns Point on the Road against Philadelphia Union
- Ronaldinho and Roberto Carlos Announce Initial Roster Selections for the Beautiful Game Event Set for DRV PNK Stadium on June 18